Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How have people who did a science foundation year found it? the chemistry and maths in particular? this would be especially useful if you attended nottingham university.
    I chose my A level subjects before I knew what I wanted to do, and am missing chemistry to apply for the dietetics course at the university I would like to study; The Nottingham uni. if anyone went there in particular, how did you find it??? how much is it to pass?? is a place on your course of choice guaranteed if you pass ? or is it not worth it and should i apply somewhere where they only require the biology a level that i am studying?

perhaps this is a bit irrelevant but, you see, id love to go to a russel group university as i will be the first in the family to even go to university. we haven't had the most academic background due to financial struggles so no one could really afford it, and there is so much pressure in my college to go to a russel group university.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmolivia)
    How have people who did a science foundation year found it? the chemistry and maths in particular? this would be especially useful if you attended nottingham university.
    I chose my A level subjects before I knew what I wanted to do, and am missing chemistry to apply for the dietetics course at the university I would like to study; The Nottingham uni. if anyone went there in particular, how did you find it??? how much is it to pass?? is a place on your course of choice guaranteed if you pass ? or is it not worth it and should i apply somewhere where they only require the biology a level that i am studying?

perhaps this is a bit irrelevant but, you see, id love to go to a russel group university as i will be the first in the family to even go to university. we haven't had the most academic background due to financial struggles so no one could really afford it, and there is so much pressure in my college to go to a russel group university.
    You may find some people to talk to here. If you meet the entry requirements you will be fine and course info will be on the website. Passing this course does not guarantee you anything as you still need to meet the progression requirements which can be found here. It's great that you're first in family to go to uni. That's a massive achievement and something to ask your referee to mention as well. However please bear in mind that Russell group refers to a group of research intensive unis which means little to undergrads and even less so if you're do a vocational course i.e dietics which is more focused on the job you will do after you graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You may find some people to talk to here. If you meet the entry requirements you will be fine and course info will be on the website. Passing this course does not guarantee you anything as you still need to meet the progression requirements which can be found here. It's great that you're first in family to go to uni. That's a massive achievement and something to ask your referee to mention as well. However please bear in mind that Russell group refers to a group of research intensive unis which means little to undergrads and even less so if you're do a vocational course i.e dietics which is more focused on the job you will do after you graduate.

very useful, thankyou

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.