Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am the Year 10, that can't do 6 out of 9 subjects Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't do physics, biology, chemistry at all and I struggle with maths, english language and english literature. I am so dumb. The other day, my physics teacher asked me a question and I just sat there blank, not knowing what to say. Then, he asked the class if anyone knows the answer, and all of them put their hand up, but me. Same with biology and chemistry. In english and maths lessons I do really well, but I fail all my exams and assessments. The grades I got in my last report, were all C and B grades, and that isn't good enough for my parents. I feel like if some death spirit asked my to die, then I would certainly say yes. I am such a dumb person. My mocks for college selection are in May 2018 and I'm trying to get into a grammar school.

ReputationRep:
    My g I don't even know how to do science in general and I am stupid af but still you gotta revise mate. That's what I have to do [I am in the same year btw] and yeah it can be a struggle for now but just revise the hell out of it and you can do it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkdu39103)
    I can't do physics, biology, chemistry at all and I struggle with maths, english language and english literature. I am so dumb. The other day, my physics teacher asked me a question and I just sat there blank, not knowing what to say. Then, he asked the class if anyone knows the answer, and all of them put their hand up, but me. Same with biology and chemistry. In english and maths lessons I do really well, but I fail all my exams and assessments. The grades I got in my last report, were all C and B grades, and that isn't good enough for my parents. I feel like if some death spirit asked my to die, then I would certainly say yes. I am such a dumb person.
    Hi, there. I can certainly relate with your current situation, I just did my GCSEs in the Summer and I know really well what it's like to be in your position and you're totally not alone, trust me. The first thing I would say is don't convince yourself that "I am so dumb", this creates a negative mindset and will hinder your academic progress. Instead of that, you need to develop a growth mindset and tell yourself that you haven't understood this yet, e.g. "I don't yet understand what photosynthesis is" for instance. What's also equally as important is that you understand what went wrong in your mock exams/interim exams because if you don't understand what went wrong, how will you know what to do in order to move from your current grade to a different grade that is higher. I would highly advise you to speak to your subject teachers and ask them for help with anything you don't understand and get them to work with you outside of lessons (if possible) to get you back on track.

For Science I recommend using FreeScienceLessons and MyGCSEScience, the latter you'll need a school subscription to watch the other content. For Maths, I recommend using HegartyMaths (if you school subscribes to it) and MathsGenie - it arranges the topics according to the grade and has videos, practice questions and explains the topic. If you do History, I could help if you PM me. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    can't do 6 out of 9 subjects
    I am such a dumb person.
    The grades I got in my last report, were all C and B grades
    ?? These grades are absolutely fine, whether you're in year 10 or year 11. You have time to improve, if you want to achieve higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
    Hi, there. I can certainly relate with your current situation, I just did my GCSEs in the Summer and I know really well what it's like to be in your position and you're totally not alone, trust me. The first thing I would say is don't convince yourself that "I am so dumb", this creates a negative mindset and will hinder your academic progress. Instead of that, you need to develop a growth mindset and tell yourself that you haven't understood this yet, e.g. "I don't yet understand what photosynthesis is" for instance. What's also equally as important is that you understand what went wrong in your mock exams/interim exams because if you don't understand what went wrong, how will you know what to do in order to move from your current grade to a different grade that is higher. I would highly advise you to speak to your subject teachers and ask them for help with anything you don't understand and get them to work with you outside of lessons (if possible) to get you back on track.

For Science I recommend using FreeScienceLessons and MyGCSEScience, the latter you'll need a school subscription to watch the other content. For Maths, I recommend using HegartyMaths (if you school subscribes to it) and MathsGenie - it arranges the topics according to the grade and has videos, practice questions and explains the topic. If you do History, I could help if you PM me. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, those websites are really good, and I've only used them for about 2-3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    ?? These grades are absolutely fine, whether you're in year 10 or year 11. You have time to improve, if you want to achieve higher.
    I have mocks in May 2018 for 6th form selection.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.