Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any info on St. Andrews admission for
    International students is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larkspurgirl)
    Hello! I am really hoping to study at St. Andrews for 2019 school year. I live in CA. I am taking 3 Advance placement classes and will take the SAT or ACT about three times, with hopes of getting 28 or higher in ACT , and hoping for a 1300 on SAT.
    I will also take the single subject US history exam. I have a current 3.7 GPA.
    I really don’t want to go to college in the US, I’m not a fan of all the sorority /fraternity culture. I was on a summer program at Cambridge last July and loved every second of it, I throughly enjoyed connecting with people from all cultures.
    I want this so badly!!
    Pls any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I'd suggest maybe visiting the university(s) you wish to study at over and decide which ones may or may not suit you better! I visit St Andrews regularly as I have family who life close by and it is a wonderful town! quite small but very very nice

ReputationRep:
    Thx. Yes! My mum and I will visit St. Andrews this February.

ReputationRep:
    I'm American as well, and as far as I can tell they almost ignored my GPA and just treated my AP scores like A-levels.
    Does this mean you're applying this year for entry next year? They won't see these AP scores, then. It might be fine (and I believe the ACT/SAT and GPA do factor in to some extent), but basically the more proof you can show that you care about and are good at your subject the better off you will be. You're admitted by the faculty you apply to, not the overall uni, so they will probably like volunteering in the field, side projects, etc. as well.
    If you really want to attend uni in Britain, the UCAS has a very nice system to make sure you're almost guaranteed to get a spot. Basically you apply to five unis, and if by some fluke you don't get into any of them then you can use something called a "Lifeline" to apply for a remaining spot in a different uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.