Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiq
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Lola0192)
    Hi everyone. I failed to pass my second year at Uni due to my mental health. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2011 but as a child I never really paid attention to the disease. During the time of my second year it had affected me differently in February 2017, when I went back to doctor. I was told I had PCOS and all the symptoms that came with it in a much, more clearer details and actually finding out what PCOS is about. It led me to mental health issues such as depression and anxiety because of hormonal disorder. The circumstances of my mental health led me to depression and anxiety because my Polycystic Ovary Syndrome’s disease. When I found out what the disease was about and all the symptoms it caused, I lost my confidences, such as finding out I have male hormones and not being able to have babies one day. This made me feel scared and upset, that I was not sleeping at all. I lost interests in my studies as I was having difficulty to concentrate and remembering things with my studies, that it made me fail my unit. I have looked for support about my Mental Health from my Doctor and a Counselor and doing better. I have attached a letter from my doctor as proof of evidence. Within the cover letter, I have cover everything they had asked me for.. I included a letter from my doctor and counselor.. I am soooo worried because I don't know if they will accept it.. Please do let me know anyone who can help?!!! Thank you so much!" and sorry for writing too much info.
    Its up to them whether they accept it, but they take medical evidence plus that of other professionals seriously. As long as you covered everything and it shows how it affected your studies and MH, then if it were me ,I wouldnt be worried.

You just have to be patient.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.