Turn on thread page Beta

Who else hates clubbing? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    jus thawt it mite give u the confidence to meet new ppl......meh...nevermind :cool:
    "Dutch courage" doesnt work for me... if i drink enough to significantly lower my inhibitions i either make a total tit of myself or i go really quiet and down so i have to watch how much i drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    "Dutch courage" doesnt work for me... if i drink enough to significantly lower my inhibitions i either make a total tit of myself or i go really quiet and down so i have to watch how much i drink
    awwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Spider]I think the meaning of "clubbing" to different people has caused problems here. Some peopel go clubbing for first and formeost the music, the social aspect of it arises solely from the club culture, with everyone having the common interest. Full on dance events, like Raindance, Moondance, Global Gathering and Creamfields, as well as special nights catering to a certain genre, attract these people. Likewise Gatecrasher is recognised as a special "event". So often you see peopel dress up special in all kinds of wacky gear for these occassions.

This is in contrast to just going to a club for a bit of fun, get drunk, be social, pull etc. A club's fun but you're not there for the music. The typical night in a club on an average Saturday night out will most likeley consist of cheesy tunes, commerical pop dance, and just a of tunes speeded up mixed intoa thumping basslines. Peopel generaly don't care what the music is as long as they can dance and have fun, and perhaps sing along ( One and Only springs to mind )

Finally, the drugs. It's been recognised that places that are harsh on drugs generally do have more violence. Taking an example, Aya Nappa has very harsh drug laws, which mean peopel are more prone to drinking to much and getting angry. On the other hand, places that tolerate drug use, don't have much violence; peopel drink a lot less, or none at all, at special events. Some don't take any drugs, while some prefer to take Ecstasy. The "love drug" makes everyone feel warm, fuzzy and elated. Again, the mood in these situations is quite communal with people watching out for each other.

However that's not to say that all drugs are like this. Cocaine use has been increasing, even at hardcore events where ecstasy would be the drug of choice; you still get a few people doing coke and getting aggressive. This is why Drum n Bass events tend have a moody vibe, sometimes turning into violence, as people do a lot more cocaine at DnB events than any others.[/QUOTE

u really do have it right. That is the point I've been tryin to get across. I'm not sayin that ppl take drugs to relax themselves coz they are normally violent and aggressive but depending on the drug they take it can make them feel very passive aggressive and 'loved-up'. If drug laws in clubs were harsher then these ppl would resort to just drinking alcohol which is statistically proven to make ppl more violent and aggressive.

I understand totally y ppl hate goin to their local cheesy disco on a saturday night coz it's full of leary blokes and crap music. That ids not the sort of clubbing i was talking about. 'Clubbing' to me is going to big events and dance festivals, where ppl go for the music, which is essentially what clubbing is about.

Crossed wires in understanding of the term 'clubbing' have led to debate (which some have taken more seriously than others). At the end of the day we are all likely to have differing opinions, but it is nice to air our views and hear other's take on things. It gives u a diffferent perspective tat u may never have seen before.

I also understand that drugs such a cocaine can make people more aggressive in nature but this is not the usual 'club drug' and is certainly not responsible for much of the violence that occurrs within the club scene. The majority of Saturday night fighting is caused by drunken lager louts who get p****d and have drunkenscraps with theitr mates. yes, drugs can lead to violence but in 9 out of 10 cases it is alcohol that is the culprit.

I just only wish that people who wish to argue their point against me get their facts straight first. It would be like me arguing about football, sumthin which I have very minimal knowledge of. I cannot stand, in such debates, when people simply throw back media speculation and science, at me in order to substantiate their argument. The reality is very different and until they have an open mind in order to listen to other people it seems pointless to even try to explain my reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm don't go clubbing either - not really attracted to it - so for me it would be a waste of money and since I don't drink I would just be going for the sake of my friends.

Luckily I have a group of friends who are also not really into clubbing so it's not much of a problem - I'd rather play pool, go to theme parks or to the cinema - at least you can chat with your mates and actually hear them.

.... oh yeah and loud music effects my left ear for some reason - I can hear a noise like static - even effects me when watching loud action movies ... hmm maybe I should check that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falguni)
    Yeah i'm don't go clubbing either - not really attracted to it - so for me it would be a waste of money and since I don't drink I would just be going for the sake of my friends.

Luckily I have a group of friends who are also not really into clubbing so it's not much of a problem - I'd rather play pool, go to theme parks or to the cinema - at least you can chat with your mates and actually hear them.

.... oh yeah and loud music effects my left ear for some reason - I can hear a noise like static - even effects me when watching loud action movies ... hmm maybe I should check that out
    You've not been here for ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falguni)

Hehehe! Same, not really into clubbing as the 'music' is crap. Though gigs and rock nights are cool. Though me and my mates spend most of our time in pubs etc having conversations. Much more enjoyable in the long run as we only get to see each other about once a month if that.

ReputationRep:
    I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with clubbing.

I enjoy seeing my friends, and dancing, and the music. I like being able to sit and have a quiet drink listening to music, and I'm more a pub type person, but bars and clubs are good sometimes.

I hate the pervs, I am in a long term relationship and it really winds me up if people approach me..I know they don't know I'm taken but still, I hate it, I also loathe the smokey atmosphere..it makes me feel so ill as I have very sensitive lungs apparently :rolleyes: I hate the late nights and having no sleep, I feel like I'm wasting my day. If clubs were non smoking and there wasn't so much pressure to stay out to 3am then I'd enjoy it so much more.

Clubbing in the past has caused big arguements in my friendship ground, due to different music tastes and nobody being willing to compromise. This has really lessened the attraction

ReputationRep:
    I hate clubbing. I really don't see the attraction in spending ages queueing up in the rain/cold to then be charged a fiver (+1 for coat) to go into a grotty, dark, noisy, smokey sh*thole full of pervey gropey men and slappers dressed in not much, then have to wait for 20 mins every time you want a drink that has salted ice-cubes, go to a 'bathroom' with no loo roll, sick on the floor/seats/sink... and loads of *****y girls, then stay there til 3 in the morning (because your shoes are stuck to the carpet!), spend another hour waiting for a taxi amongst hoards of drunk people eating greasy pizzas and chips (and throwing them up again on your feet/skirt/coat...), then get home not be able to sleep because of the after-effects and be knackered and feel like crap for the whole of the next day.

I'd rather go out for a meal, have a glass (or 2) of wine, have conversations with people that I know and like, have a laugh, be able to get home without waiting for yonks (it really isn't used enough!), get a decent amount of sleep and not feel like crap in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I hate clubbing. I really don't see the attraction in spending ages queueing up in the rain/cold to then be charged a fiver (+1 for coat) to go into a grotty, dark, noisy, smokey sh*thole full of pervey gropey men and slappers dressed in not much, then have to wait for 20 mins every time you want a drink that has salted ice-cubes, go to a 'bathroom' with no loo roll, sick on the floor/seats/sink... and loads of *****y girls, then stay there til 3 in the morning (because your shoes are stuck to the carpet!), spend another hour waiting for a taxi amongst hoards of drunk people eating greasy pizzas and chips (and throwing them up again on your feet/skirt/coat...), then get home not be able to sleep because of the after-effects and be knackered and feel like crap for the whole of the next day.

I'd rather go out for a meal, have a glass (or 2) of wine, have conversations with people that I know and like, have a laugh, be able to get home without waiting for yonks (it really isn't used enough!), get a decent amount of sleep and not feel like crap in the morning!
    i could not have said that better myself,!! infact you deserve rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    WOOHOO Yes, I would love that too.. although I can do without the wine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    And for me it's too difficult to get since it'll take 5 or 6 drinks (I don't drink beer or wine so spirits & the cocktaily things) before I feel a thing, much less get Dutch courage. And I'm way too stingy to spend that much usually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    And for me it's too difficult to get since it'll take 5 or 6 drinks (I don't drink beer or wine so spirits & the cocktaily things) before I feel a thing, much less get Dutch courage. And I'm way too stingy to spend that much usually
    if i down a couple of bottles (of different varieties) quicky then i become nice tipsy....wine, and anything stronger than vodka and not diluted will make me ill in the morning however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    clubbing rules :cool:
    sorry but tinykates SO right......clubbing rules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)

I can see your opinion but i think if thats how you see it then your going to the wrong places......yeah it takes time to get bserved and get in but prepare for it.....get there that 10mins earlier, leave that 10 mins before 3 and beat the que.......use your head luv and you would have a magic night!

ReputationRep:
    Your obviously totally missing what the point of clubbing is about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Techno)
    Your obviously totally missing what the point of clubbing is about.
    give us some wisdom then oh mighty one!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    give us some wisdom then oh mighty one!?
    that is the wisdom fool!! Read flyer and tell me that doesn't look wkd.

ReputationRep:
    I despise the idea of even thinking of going to a club.

ReputationRep:
    how can u hate clubbing!?
    altho magaluf did convert me into a clubber
    i love music, alcohol, friends and dancing therefore i love clubbing
    its the perfect combination!

ReputationRep:
    The Idea of going clubbing is to go listen to loud music, enjoy yourself, Meet new like minded people (which most clubs do have chill out rooms that you can talk in, with music thats not so loud).
    Dance music as a whole is generally for those who like to go dance (hence the name), not on the pull, you don't go there for that and I've rarely heard of anyone getting groped.
    I've been involved in this scene for 13years now as a DJ and promoter. I've met some great people through out my time, some stay some go. Now there are so many different varieties of music out there, there is something for everyone.
    Clubbing is a totally different scene from the pub scene, there are no comparisons. Mostly there is no trouble in Dance clubs, they are just full of people enjoying themselves, I've played at events that have had 5000+ people at them with no trouble. But yet I've been in pubs with 30 or so people in them and its been a riot.
    Yes people take drugs because it makes them feel good but thats what they choose to do its not dutch courage, but people also drink for the same reason. yeah people have died from being silly but more people die per year from alcohol and cigarettes than they do with drug related deaths. But alcohol and cigarettes are ok because the governement make tax on it.

I think I covered most grounds, I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread. Any questions will be gladly answered.

At the end of the day its all choice, and what you choose to do, no one should be put down or looked upon as weird or strange for how they choose to lead their lives, same goes with the way they dress.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.