Why do I need a notification for new posts in my thread? Annoying and pointless. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I already know when my thread has new posts in it as I'm automatically watching it anyway and the watch box appears on my homepage and says when the last post was; threads only appear there when there are new posts.

Why in the infinite wisdom of TSR do I also need an actual notification to tell me exactly the same thing? It's incredibly annoying and pointless, thanks a lot Captain Jack
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I already know when my thread has new posts in it as I'm automatically watching it anyway and the watch box appears on my homepage and says when the last post was; threads only appear there when there are new posts.

Why in the infinite wisdom of TSR do I also need an actual notification to tell me exactly the same thing? It's incredibly annoying and pointless, thanks a lot Captain Jack
    I'll come back to you when we have more data I mentioned in the launch thread that this is a test.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I'll come back to you when we have more data I mentioned in the launch thread that this is a test.
    At the moment it’s getting right on my tits. Especially the double notifications when someone quotes/tags me in a thread I started.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    At the moment it’s getting right on my tits. Especially the double notifications when someone quotes/tags me in a thread I started.
    Seconding the above^
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Seconding the above^
    We have the request in to remove the double notification which will 'hopefully' be done this week but I will have to confirm tomorrow if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    What are you playing at captain Jack?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.