Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sitting next to girl after sorta break up... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pls skip the first paragraph if u dont care bout background info

So a while back i put a thread up about if this girl liked me or not, well yeah she sorta did more than friends but less than romantic attraction. i asked her out in a party but i am usually not confident but since i was sorta drunk i was a lot more confident and could talk to this girl who already new i had a crush on her for a while and we had been linking for about a month. she didnt mind holding my hands there and kissing her on the cheek and putting my hand around her, at least that was the party and she didnt drink a single bit. im guessing she liked me when i was that confident and not awkward and she said yes. so that was saturday, im usually over analyzing situations and this seemed like she said yes maybe out of pity so i asked over text if she honestly didnt mind going out with me on sunday and she said of course i dont mind. I previously asked her out so she new what i meant this time with no misunderstanding. the next day Monday, back to school and im really happy at this point and i sit next to her in both chemistry and biology. but when im not drunk im a little awkward but i do make a lot of effort talking to her. anyway i walked home with her that day and that went well although i did ask her if she preferred me drunk or not and she said yeh it was really fun when you where drunk except the not walking. kinda annoyed me but i shrugged it off. after getting home i get a text from her best friend and it saying stuff about how my 'girlfriend' maybe saying yes out of pity and blah blah blah but also saying how she wants this to work and does like me but doesnt like awkward me. i message her saying i get the situation and i do want to be more confident and i want to change and for this to work out but i also said but i dont want you to be forced into anything, then comes the oh i think you're really sweet and lovely but i dont think this may work the way you think it would and i feel really bad for making you think you need to change. i wasn't gonna respond but her friend texts me saying that she feels really bad so respond. i decided i would go with some inside joke something racist i guess since im asian. i put 'even my chinky eyes could see this coming from a mile away' i honestly at this point felt heartbroken. im usually a pissed off guy but ever since this girl i had been a lot happier but now im back to the usual me. i dont really know why she said yes and then when i asked again she still said yes. anyway i asked if she just wanted to be friends and she responded with yeh sure.

So after her pretty much saying we should break up im in this state of mind where ive have this **** self-esteem, low confidence and idk what im doing. so for the most of the lesson i don't talk to her a single bit although to me it looked like she felt slightly bad, i tried not even looking at her. the moment the lesson ended i pretty much left as quick as i could. Honestly i still like her and i cant stop thinking about what i did wrong. I have science again tomorrow, im sorta better now as i've calmed my ass down again. but idk how to talk to her, i honestly do wanna be friends cus if i dont science is gonna be a shitshow for me. so i need help on how to be more confident around her again.

Published by Luca Km

ReputationRep:
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpgcool story bro.jpg (21.8 KB)

ReputationRep:
    appreciate it, lol. i mean i tend to waffle on about crap cus thats who i am, but i did say just skip the first paragraph ;/

ReputationRep:
    Leave her because it shows how she doesn't like you for being you.

ReputationRep:
    i guess you might be right but i don't exactly wanna look like im just sitting like a stone in class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca Km)
    i guess you might be right but i don't exactly wanna look like im just sitting like a stone in class
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Leave her because it shows how she doesn't like you for being you.
    Weird you say that. I don't think that I'd be offended if someone said that to me. I think that she doesn't want to have a difficult relationship she just wants to get into a good one quickly but is worried about having to wait.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.