Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A little embarrassing, but I have been with two guys in my life now and both have issues when it comes to wearing a condom in the bedroom. We're fine with everything else and they can stay erect for hours, but as soon as he wears a condom he goes flacid and we can't have sex. I know for a fact that it itsn't me, because as soon as we take off the condom he gets erect straight away again. I have tried googling answers and they keep saying to try different types, but these were thin ones and he still couldn't feel anything through it. We tried doing extra foreplay once he wore the condom but nothing seems to work. I also don't want to have unprotected sex, despite also being on the contraceptive pill, just in case anything were to happen.

Does anyone have the same issue or any helpful advice? I'm being as understanding and patient as possible about this but I'm just concerned since both of my relationships have had this problem now and no one else I speak to seems to have the same issue. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A little embarrassing, but I have been with two guys in my life now and both have issues when it comes to wearing a condom in the bedroom. We're fine with everything else and they can stay erect for hours, but as soon as he wears a condom he goes flacid and we can't have sex. I know for a fact that it itsn't me, because as soon as we take off the condom he gets erect straight away again. I have tried googling answers and they keep saying to try different types, but these were thin ones and he still couldn't feel anything through it. We tried doing extra foreplay once he wore the condom but nothing seems to work. I also don't want to have unprotected sex, despite also being on the contraceptive pill, just in case anything were to happen.

Does anyone have the same issue or any helpful advice? I'm being as understanding and patient as possible about this but I'm just concerned since both of my relationships have had this problem now and no one else I speak to seems to have the same issue. Thanks!
    By different ones they didn't mean try thin, ribs and so on. Each penis isn't the same and can vary in size. But most condoms are made to the standard size.

I suggest you read on how to recognize if a condom is too big or too small. Then try smaller or larger sizes.

If it's too small, it can be pinching the base making it basically go numb. Imagine what happens when you wear a tight rubber band on your wrist. It cuts off circulation.

If it's too long, the extra rolled up material at the base can once again be cutting off the circulation slightly making it go down.

If it's too big, the extra material around the penis makes it more difficult to feel anything.

You can find the measurements for each condom from each brand online. There is also company TheyFit that provide a whole range of different sizes going from very thin and short to thin and long to wide and long and to wide and short. So you should be able to find a size that works best

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.