The Student Room Group

Have a I ruined my chances again?

Basically, I fancied this girl for years. About 6 months ago some of my friends and this girl all started meeting up again as friends.

The problem is everytime we meet up, I think I come across quite awkward I never know what to say. We are both great keyboard warriors on Facebook but I just get really nervous when out with her and the rest of the squad!

I didn't even think she fancied me but my best friend said (it was now about 3 months ago) that she was starting to like me, but I didn't find this out for a long time so never acted. I have this horrible feeling she wanted to dance with me when we went clubbing once, I didn't get the memo (why do I always do this).

We were all talking together randomly about relationships (in general) yesterday, she said she would expect the male to go first... so it looks to me like if I dont ever act, I won't ever get anywhere.

I have probably given off the completely wrong impression, I don't want to look creepy or anything lol by starting to come onto her now. I really dont know what to do... have a ruined my chances. If I have a chance, how do I get out of the 'friendship zone'?.

The thing is I never compliment her (even though she looks stunning) as I have no idea how she would react, and it's all really awkward in front of everyone.
just go 4 it fam worst case you're sad for a day best case you get in

nothing 2 lose :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
just go 4 it fam worst case you're sad for a day best case you get in

nothing 2 lose :wink:
I just dont know how to start, I dont want to approach her too fast after just acting like a friend for all this time. I am useless at stuff like this!!!!!

My best friend thinks the small things count with her, it sounded like I'm best taking it quite easy.
Reply 3
Just saying girls like confident fellas so I would just try asking her for a coffee or something like that?
K dood so what you wanna do is not go completely banzai full 100% "I like you", just go slowly, don't feel like suddenly you need to up your game because she'll realise that you're acting strange and if she doesn't like you as much then you could ruin your friendship. Just go slow CHILL DOOOOOOD, I second what klausss said, BE the man, girls love confidence (in moderation), so try to work on being awkward and on being more confident.
good luck my dude
Pretend as if you were the president of a country, and you were trying to get your point across without necessarily begging. Act confident and smart, remember to show your funny side, and be who you admire to be. Have alone time with her, ask her out randomly and casually while mid-conversation (especially if it's going well). Don't be afraid. What's the worst that could happen anyway? You won't die, and there will always be another girl. If she says no pretend as if she didn't even say it and keep talking about what makes you and her passionate. Just do it. Pull it off as if it was an act, but while she doesn't realise it. Do it! Just do it! From now on, stop missing out on opportunities and waiting for HER signal - no! You should make your own opportunities! Do it as soon as you can and pull it off as well as you can, or someone else may get her! Wouldn't it SUCK if someone else got her, and it was part of your squad of friends? Wouldn't it be HORRIBLE to know that you fancied that girl for so long, and someone in your squad got her with barely any effort? And you'd have to see them kiss in front of you... be confident and do it. A no is better than the other scenario BY FAR.
Original post by Germanyisthebest
Pretend as if you were the president of a country, and you were trying to get your point across without necessarily begging. Act confident and smart, remember to show your funny side, and be who you admire to be. Have alone time with her, ask her out randomly and casually while mid-conversation (especially if it's going well). Don't be afraid. What's the worst that could happen anyway? You won't die, and there will always be another girl. If she says no pretend as if she didn't even say it and keep talking about what makes you and her passionate. Just do it. Pull it off as if it was an act, but while she doesn't realise it. Do it! Just do it! From now on, stop missing out on opportunities and waiting for HER signal - no! You should make your own opportunities! Do it as soon as you can and pull it off as well as you can, or someone else may get her! Wouldn't it SUCK if someone else got her, and it was part of your squad of friends? Wouldn't it be HORRIBLE to know that you fancied that girl for so long, and someone in your squad got her with barely any effort? And you'd have to see them kiss in front of you... be confident and do it. A no is better than the other scenario BY FAR.

"Look, you're fantastic, truly great."
Reply 7
Original post by Germanyisthebest

Thanks for that, I think I need a kick in the **** and man up hahaha. I think I dont want to make the friendship awkward, if shes says no but I suppose if I never ask I wont get? I think I need to portray a more confident self or thats going to look bad.

My best friend said when we went mcdonalds the over week and I went and got her ice cream. She waa telling my bestfriend that theres not many nice men like me around, surley that means something?
Reply 8
Prolly looks like there's a chance to get out of the friend zone lol

Quick Reply

Latest