The Student Room Group

Help with english?

I don't really get english literature, i'm good at understanding the facts, quotes and whatnot. But when it comes to writing, i'm really bad. I just write whatever and whatever order, I haven't really been taught how to write, so even though I have facts in my head I have no idea how to write them properly, also I tend to get carried away with myself often and don't actually answer the question. Anyone have a technique on how I can properly write? as when it does for me I just write naturally and have no technique that will get me marks.
Original post by TheCoolStool
I don't really get english literature, i'm good at understanding the facts, quotes and whatnot. But when it comes to writing, i'm really bad. I just write whatever and whatever order, I haven't really been taught how to write, so even though I have facts in my head I have no idea how to write them properly, also I tend to get carried away with myself often and don't actually answer the question. Anyone have a technique on how I can properly write? as when it does for me I just write naturally and have no technique that will get me marks.

I think you are failing to understand what its about. they wnat you to understand whats been written (which you claim is ok), but then you need to be able to answer a question and structure an opinion. You really do it by practice.

Try

http://mrbruff.com/product/mr-bruffs-guide-to-gcse-literature/

Explains how to write essays.

Quick Reply

Latest