Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in y12 and struggling with these questions can someone help me with an example
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRoshid)
    I'm in y12 and struggling with these questions can someone help me with an example
    Firstly: Do you understand what each letter means? And what units they need to be in when calculating them?

ReputationRep:
    yes p - pascals
    v = volume in dm3
    n number of moles
    r gas constant
    t temp in kelvin

ReputationRep:
    dw im struggling as well.
    I get the formulas but they way they ask questions i dont know which formulas to use -.-.

ReputationRep:
    So what they can do with these questions is give you 4 of the values and ask you to rearrange the equation and calculate the 5th value, that's pretty straight forward
    Complications can arise when they give you units thats aren't SI so you have to convert them i.e. bar into pascals, or cm^3 into m^3

v = volume in dm3
    If you're using R as 8.314 J K^(-1) mol^(-1) then volume should be in m^3
    If you want to use dm^3 then you need to also be using kPa (the x1000 factors cancel)

ReputationRep:
    yes p - pascals
    v = volume in dm3
    n number of moles
    r gas constant
    t temp in kelvin
    volume is in m^3. Give a question ur struggling on ill help u.

ReputationRep:
    Its ok i understand it now my teacher helped thanks anyways

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.