Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone fancy a chat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Isn't it strange though that people make you and I sad but also make us happy?
    If you really want to go deep, what is the sad and happy anyway? I have been looking for this answer all my (working) life so far... I really hope it is not just a balance of neurotransmitters (but it looks that way )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    If you really want to go deep, what is the sad and happy anyway? I have been looking for this answer all my (working) life so far... I really hope it is not just a balance of neurotransmitters (but it looks that way )
    They're natural responses to how people treat you.

...I'm too emotionally unstable to answer 😔

ReputationRep:
    Someone's making me feel like **** right now. Someone who I thought was a friend.
    You can pm me if you want to, I can listen ☺️

(Original post by Meg846)
      Omg I thought 8 weeks were long 😩 good luck

ReputationRep:
      You can pm me if you want to, I can listen ☺️
      That's very kind but maybe I should sleep it off 😓 if I don't feel better, can I still pm you later?

ReputationRep:
      They're natural responses to how people treat you.

...I'm too emotionally unstable to answer 😔
      sorry to hear that, and while that is a part of the answer there is much much more to this. Depression etc. is one of the pathological states of mood. Anyway I am talking way too much and hijacking the thread, sorry OP hope you feel better

ReputationRep:
      Why do you think you'd struggle? I presume it is a lot harder working as a prison officer than a police officer (no expertise here whatsoever )
      I think you have to go and do some sort of university of college course to be a police officer whereas to be a prison officer, your character and morales are more important.

ReputationRep:
      That's very kind but maybe I should sleep it off 😓 if I don't feel better, can I still pm you later?
      Yeah hopefully you will feel better after a good sleep and yes of course you can 😊

ReputationRep:
      sorry to hear that, and while that is a part of the answer there is much much more to this. Depression etc. is one of the pathological states of mood. Anyway I am talking way too much and hijacking the thread, sorry OP hope you feel better
      Haha that’s ok honestly 😂

ReputationRep:
      If I could chemically rewire my brain so that I could be happy I would

Until then I'll have to be like those psycho people who smile when they're having a breakdown lol

Throwing things and screaming "I'M FINE!"

ReputationRep:
      I think you have to go and do some sort of university of college course to be a police officer whereas to be a prison officer, your character and morales are more important.
      Yes however I assume most citizens you come across will be law-abiding. Those who are not you will "put away" quickly. There is also a sense of fulfilment putting criminal behind bars.

Really, the opposite is true for prison officers. By definition they are dealing with the "non-law-abiding" group, they are already "put away" and you are facing them every day. Obviously (I would hope) the majority of prisoners follows the rules but a few will really ruin the mood. With more prisoners and less officers I suspect things will not be getting better any time soon (same for police officers too)

ReputationRep:

Until then I'll have to be like those psycho people who smile when they're having a breakdown lol

That is essentially what anti-depressants do, many of them work by changing the balance of neurotransmitters

And I'm sorry that is the way society expects people to do - putting on a face while inside you feel very different

ReputationRep:
      That is essentially what anti-depressants do, many of them work by changing the balance of neurotransmitters

And I'm sorry that is the way society expects people to do - putting on a face while inside you feel very different
      Society sucks lol

If you don't want to derail my pm's are open 😶

ReputationRep:
      Yes however I assume most citizens you come across will be law-abiding. Those who are not you will "put away" quickly. There is also a sense of fulfilment putting criminal behind bars.

Really, the opposite is true for prison officers. By definition they are dealing with the "non-law-abiding" group, they are already "put away" and you are facing them every day. Obviously (I would hope) the majority of prisoners follows the rules but a few will really ruin the mood. With more prisoners and less officers I suspect things will not be getting better any time soon (same for police officers too)
      You make a good point and I agree. My first choice would be police officer or army. Even though I would like to be a prison officer, I think that would be a last resort because as you said it is a hard job as it’s dealing with people who 99% have no respect for the law or authority

ReputationRep:
      Society sucks lol

If you don't want to derail my pm's are open 😶
      Thanks for the offer, I will take that up some time (probably not tonight... it's nearly bed time for moi )

ReputationRep:

This is how I feel sadly 😂

ReputationRep:
      hi

ReputationRep:

They're called anti-depressants. Sertraline is pretty banging.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChickenMadness)
      They're called anti-depressants. Sertraline is pretty banging.
      If you know the serious side effects of these drugs (e.g. serotonin syndrome) you wouldn't say that

ReputationRep:
      If you know the serious side effects of these drugs (e.g. serotonin syndrome) you wouldn't say that
      Not noticed any bad side effects. Myself and my friends that take sertraline love it lol.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.