Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will Mathematics at University Level be affected by the new 9-1 specification Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I want to know whether Maths degrees at university will change (get harder) at universities because of the new 9-1 specification. So will it be different for students going to uni in 2019?

ReputationRep:
    No.

Naaaa

ReputationRep:
      No. The 9-1 spec GCSE content is very similar to the old GCSE anyway besides the odd topic which crept down from the old AS spec. Universities are always altering their modules year by year to offer the most up to date content, and this shall not change because of the new GCSE's (and A Levels for that matter)

ReputationRep:
      How can I be sure?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous7932)
      Guys, I want to know whether Maths degrees at university will change (get harder) at universities because of the new 9-1 specification. So will it be different for students going to uni in 2019?
      Do you mean if the entry requirement will be affected, not the actual difficulty of the course itself? If so, then possibly. It's entirely up to each university to choose a suitable entry requirement.

If you mean the actual difficulty of the course then of course not.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous7932)
      chill chill chill there's no need to turn this into.kill bill
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      No, but the new A-level specification for maths may influence changes in the MAT/STEP.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.