Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have written my personal statement but I have a lot of academic stuff and very little EC. Is this okay or should I add more?

ReputationRep:
    Hey @nashh606. I think it doesn't really matter as far as your academics part is excellent . What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AamirSonu)
    Hey @nashh606. I think it doesn't really matter as far as your academics part is excellent . What course are you applying for?
    Thanks for replying, im applying for maths and economics

ReputationRep:
    woo cool!!! Best of luck for the process ahead. I am applying for Accounting and finance and just need a final touch of my personal statement. When are you planning to apply?

ReputationRep:
    woo cool!!! Best of luck for the process ahead. I am applying for Accounting and finance and just need a final touch of my personal statement. When are you planning to apply?
    In the next few days. Take your time, dont rush, there's no advantage gained by applying quickly!

ReputationRep:
    u sure? Cause I have heard that people apply early and sometimes the seats for particular programs become full. So, I thought that might be a disadvantage just in case if I happen to be the one to submit after the seats are filled.

ReputationRep:
    u sure? Cause I have heard that people apply early and sometimes the seats for particular programs become full. So, I thought that might be a disadvantage just in case if I happen to be the one to submit after the seats are filled.
    No that's nonsense, the january deadline is specifically so you get equal treatment. It's not in the unis interest to do it on a rolling basis as they wont be making sure they give offers to the best

LSE's masters programmes are however on a rolling basis

ReputationRep:
    so u mean the bachelors program is not on rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    I am a first year LSE Maths with Economics student and I had precisely 0 lines of extracurricular material in my personal statement as I simply did not have any space. I instead wrote a paragraph and asked my referee to put in my reference.

ReputationRep:
    so u mean the bachelors program is not on rolling basis?
    Yep

(Original post by TheRandomGenius)
    I am a first year LSE Maths with Economics student and I had precisely 0 lines of extracurricular material in my personal statement as I simply did not have any space. I instead wrote a paragraph and asked my referee to put in my reference.
    Thank you! Finally someone who's gone through it all.

Mind if i pm you??

ReputationRep:
    One of recent LSE graduates told me that the admission is based on the rolling basis for undergrad too. Is it true? Can u please find me a reliable information? Thinking that it is a rolling basis and hoping to get the admission decision faster , I thought of applying ASAP( although for some applicants it takes several months).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    One of recent LSE graduates told me that the admission is based on the rolling basis for undergrad too. Is it true? Can u please find me a reliable information? Thinking that it is a rolling basis and hoping to get the admission decision faster , I thought of applying ASAP( although for some applicants it takes several months).
    Most people don't receive offers till after January anyway for LSE.
    And I think for other unis I've heard they accept like the ones with super profiles early. Then everyone who is like good but not great enough that they would definetly be better than any other candidate will receive their decisions later when the January applicants are taken into consideration. I am not sure how true this is though.

However, Universities have been doing this for years and it says if you apply before January 15th you get equal treatment so I guess just trust them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Most people don't receive offers till after January anyway for LSE.
    And I think for other unis I've heard they accept like the ones with super profiles early. Then everyone who is like good but not great enough that they would definetly be better than any other candidate will receive their decisions later when the January applicants are taken into consideration. I am not sure how true this is though.

However, Universities have been doing this for years and it says if you apply before January 15th you get equal treatment so I guess just trust them.
    I just wanted to know if u r a LSE student. If u r then when did u apply ?

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what do you mean wrote a paragraph btw? Sorry for bothering you like this haha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know if u r a LSE student. If u r then when did u apply ?
    No, I am applying to LSE this year. Well I've applied already on 11/10/17. I am getting this information from previous threads made for LSE applicants in the previous years
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nashh606)
    Wait, what do you mean wrote a paragraph btw? Sorry for bothering you like this haha
    He means he wrote a paragraph about his extra-curricular activities and asked his teacher/referee to put it in his reference instead of him putting the paragraph in his PS

Whatever can't fit in your personal statement ask your teacher to put it in your reference.

ReputationRep:
    He means he wrote a paragraph about his extra-curricular activities and asked his teacher/referee to put it in his reference instead of him putting the paragraph in his PS

Whatever can't fit in your personal statement ask your teacher to put it in your reference.
    Ahh thanks. I think that's what i will do tbh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Cool, good luck
    (Original post by nashh606)
    Ahh thanks. I think that's what i will do tbh

ReputationRep:
    Cool, good luck
    thanks, you too

ReputationRep:
    If your applying for straight economic how important isn’t it to incorporate an element of maths
    I spoke with someone who applied last year and he said they rejected him because no he didn’t have enough maths and i should speak about calculus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.