Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekwe00)
    If your applying for straight economic how important isn’t it to incorporate an element of maths
    I spoke with someone who applied last year and he said they rejected him because no he didn’t have enough maths and i should speak about calculus.
    I think the more general point here is that you have to look at the course website. One look at the Bsc economics page on LSE will show you that 1/2 of the first year is just maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AamirSonu)
    woo cool!!! Best of luck for the process ahead. I am applying for Accounting and finance and just need a final touch of my personal statement. When are you planning to apply?
    Hey,
    I'm in year 11 and I'm hoping to apply for the same course as you in LSE. I'd really like to get ahead with my personal statement, do you have any advice for what I should include?
    Thank so much and GOOD LUCK for your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renera)
    Hey,
    I'm in year 11 and I'm hoping to apply for the same course as you in LSE. I'd really like to get ahead with my personal statement, do you have any advice for what I should include?
    Thank so much and GOOD LUCK for your application!
    I might not be the right person to advice cause I have not been admitted to LSE yet. In fact I have just started my UCAS process. So yeah, for accounting and finance, basically as the website says you have to answer the question "Why accounting and finance?" in your personal statement and you should approach the question on academic basis. Include what you know about this course and you should give your views on the further research that you have done. You should also keep in mind that the statement should be 50-50 on both accounting and finance as it looks more competitive that way. But , for me it has been difficult to split 50-50, anyway I have tried my best. You should also mention about your extra curricular activities that directly or indirectly help you to foster in accounting and finance. So your essay should look like 75% academic and 25% extra curricular activities. I am gonna submit my application soon. Fingers crossed. ( most important advice: If you are gonna take As level exams , crack it and kill it hard. Get outstanding predicted grades if you can and that's definitely gonna help along with your ground breaking personal statement.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AamirSonu)
    I might not be the right person to advice cause I have not been admitted to LSE yet. In fact I have just started my UCAS process. So yeah, for accounting and finance, basically as the website says you have to answer the question "Why accounting and finance?" in your personal statement and you should approach the question on academic basis. Include what you know about this course and you should give your views on the further research that you have done. You should also keep in mind that the statement should be 50-50 on both accounting and finance as it looks more competitive that way. But , for me it has been difficult to split 50-50, anyway I have tried my best. You should also mention about your extra curricular activities that directly or indirectly help you to foster in accounting and finance. So your essay should look like 75% academic and 25% extra curricular activities. I am gonna submit my application soon. Fingers crossed. ( most important advice: If you are gonna take As level exams , crack it and kill it hard. Get outstanding predicted grades if you can and that's definitely gonna help along with your ground breaking personal statement.)
    Thanks so much, that was really helpful! And don’t worry you sound like you know exactly what you’re doing I’m sure you’ll ace it, best of luck 😄

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.