Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been taking Business GCSE for 2 months and am not really enjoying it and would like to swap for history. I've been told that we start with a really boring topic in business however I am still not sure wether I will find it interesting later on. In KS3 I was good at both subjects however I am not sure how I would be at history now, especially the analysis of sources and whatnot (although I loved learning it). I am aiming for a level 8-9; how hard is it to achieve this in history? and how difficult is Business? I've heard that its a very soft subject and not regarded very well by Universities.

My other subjects are
    English Lan
    English Lit
    Maths
    German (MFL compulsory at my school)
    Triple science (also compulsory)
    Geography
    Computing

Please Help!

ReputationRep:
    History is hard so I advise swapping business for something you’ll enjoy. What are the other options instead if history. I’m in my final year and taking the new course of history and there is a lot of work and writing.a lot! I also take business and I love it but it’s up to you at the end of the day. You know your own strengths and weaknesses 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked your teachers about swapping? Also Im very sure you can get an 8-9 in history as long as you work hard and keep up to date with the topic
    Hope this helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do well in History you have to have a genuine interest and passion in the subject. There is a lot of content and you have to be truly motivated to revise. If you love the subject, then I think it is an extremely beneficial GCSE to have and much more appealing than business.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by ste_niz)
    Hi, I've been taking Business GCSE for 2 months and am not really enjoying it and would like to swap for history. I've been told that we start with a really boring topic in business however I am still not sure wether I will find it interesting later on. In KS3 I was good at both subjects however I am not sure how I would be at history now, especially the analysis of sources and whatnot (although I loved learning it). I am aiming for a level 8-9; how hard is it to achieve this in history? and how difficult is Business? I've heard that its a very soft subject and not regarded very well by Universities.

My other subjects are
    English Lan
    English Lit
    Maths
    German (MFL compulsory at my school)
    Triple science (also compulsory)
    Geography
    Computing
    Please Help!
    Look at the specification for business and see whether it interests you.
    Look at the specification for History and see if the periods covered interest you.

Business is ok, but History is a traditional subject. It wont make any difference either way. Having looked at both, then just do the one that interests you the most.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.