Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Learner insurance no claims carrying over???? watch

ReputationRep:
    My insurance renewal is coming up soon. I was wondering if the no-claims i earned on my provisional carries over to my full licence?
    So if i do a full year on the full licence and earn 1 year of no-claims, will I actually have 2 years no-claims from my provisional and full licences?
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by GLucaViggy)
    My insurance renewal is coming up soon. I was wondering if the no-claims i earned on my provisional carries over to my full licence?
    So if i do a full year on the full licence and earn 1 year of no-claims, will I actually have 2 years no-claims from my provisional and full licences?
    Thanks
    Usually, yes it does carry with you :yep: You will probably need proof of the NCB though from your previous insurer (when you had the provisional) :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Usually, yes it does carry with you :yep: You will probably need proof of the NCB though from your previous insurer (when you had the provisional) :yes:
    Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Just thought'd I'd confirm that it does carry over, I had 1 years no claims and passed my test a month or two ago, which then carried over to my full insurance.

ReputationRep:
    not all insurance does, I had one where i tried to put 2 years but when i put the date my licence started they were like..nah you've only had your licence a year you cant have two years no claims :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.