Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it wrong that I'm happy someone has been made redundant and hope they struggle? Watch

ReputationRep:
    They were a senior manager used to bully me at work, constantly making me feel incompetent and worthless trying to get me to quit because I wanted to progress there but they wouldn't be honest about the lack of actual progression opportunities. I've noticed people I used to work with on Facebook posting memes etc that makes it look like the department has been closed down (most likely because that manager did such a poor job of running it and retaining staff). Is it wrong that I have happy thoughts of her having to sign on and probably struggling to get another job at her age (she's nearly 50 and only ever worked at the same company). It makes me smile when I think 'what employer would want that haggard old trout?' and then think of her having to wait 6 weeks for her Universal Credit to come through.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly normal if what you said is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    Perfectly normal if what you said is true.
    I did leave in the end because I was diagnosed with depression caused by the workplace. I still get angry now whenever I think about them because I've never been treated like that at work and have always done my best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    I did leave in the end because I was diagnosed with depression caused by the workplace. I still get angry now whenever I think about them because I've never been treated like that at work and have always done my best.
    Yeh and tbh, I would probably be as much happy as you or more if I was in your shoes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.