Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been suffering from diarreah and it has been ongoing the last few days, I took Loperamide Hydrochloride (Tesco diarreah tablets) this morning and it has stopped, but been replaced with awful nausea and vomiting with my stomach making loud noises. I think it might be a stomach virus if anyone knows whether there is one going round? I tried to take AHCC tablets but was sick instantly after that, and then tried taking a Vitamin D with probiotics and digestive enzymes to balance my stomach but threw them up too.

I regularly take AHCC (strong immune booster found in mushrooms) daily to keep my immune system healthy so I don't know why I would have got the virus. The only other possibility is that I ate something bad - but wouldn't taking immune system supplements have prevented getting ill in the first place?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Chakra35)
    I've been suffering from diarreah and it has been ongoing the last few days, I took Loperamide Hydrochloride (Tesco diarreah tablets) this morning and it has stopped, but been replaced with awful nausea and vomiting with my stomach making loud noises. I think it might be a stomach virus if anyone knows whether there is one going round? I tried to take AHCC tablets but was sick instantly after that, and then tried taking a Vitamin D with probiotics and digestive enzymes to balance my stomach but threw them up too.

I regularly take AHCC (strong immune booster found in mushrooms) daily to keep my immune system healthy so I don't know why I would have got the virus. The only other possibility is that I ate something bad - but wouldn't taking immune system supplements have prevented getting ill in the first place?
    Drink loads to replace lost fluids. Eat a little bit of plain food like pasta or biscuits so you have a little something in your tummy.
    Call a pharmacy or your drs surgery tomorrow. Stay home so you don't spread it to anybody.
    This sort of thing will usually pass without you needing to see a doctor, but if it's lasting multiple days and getting worse you may need to be seen. Pharmacist or drs surgery can advise you on that.

Hope that helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.