Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My payments are blocked Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi really struggling with my student finance and have no clue why my payments are blocked, I have been accepted and sent back the declaration, filled in all my bank details. What am I missing?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Samhall95,

If your application has been approved and we have valid UK bank details for you then the main reason payments could be blocked would be likely due to us having to check that you have a valid National Insurance Number (NINO). If you provided this on your application and are taking a loan out for the very first time, once we processed your declaration form your payments would schedule onto our payment system within 48 hours and would remain blocked until the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) confirm your NINO as correct.

We send this off to be checked on the first available Wednesday after your application is fully approved and it is returned the following Wednesday. If it is confirmed as valid the block should come off your payments overnight and you would see this on your online account on the Thursday. At this point the status of your payments would show as 'awaiting confirmation' as we would need Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your Higher Education Provider (HEP) to release your maintenance. They should send this automatically if you completed your registration process with them. Your HEP will also send us Confirmation of Attendance (COA) for us to release your Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) payments to them.

Once received, this updates onto the payment system within 48 hours then your payment would be in your account/with the University within three to five working days after that.

You would see your payment status change from 'awaiting confirmation' to 'submitted' when the money is coming into your account.

Thanks

Laura

ReputationRep:
    So I just have to wait or is there something I need to do? On my to do list it says I need to send childcare grant form?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samhall95)
    So I just have to wait or is there something I need to do? On my to do list it says I need to send childcare grant form?
    Hi Samhall95,

No there is nothing you need to do, we validate your National Insurance Number electronically, its a Wednesday to Wednesday process.

We send it the first Wednesday after your application is approved and your payments will remain blocked until it is returned as valid the following Wednesday, then your payment is released.

If you have indicated on your main application that you wish to apply for childcare help, then this will show on your online account, until you send the appropriate childcare application form CCG1, with your estimated weekly costs and it is processed.

You will find the CCG1 here

http://bit.ly/1hyT60I

Currently CCG1's are taking 20 working days to process.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.