Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Private school Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I go to an all girls C of E private school (the ultimate combination amirite) and have been asked loads of questions by my friends who go to state schools, some of which are really interesting, and some of which are hilarious- so I feel like my experience qualifies me to answer any questions anyone on here might have about life at that kind of school so if you're curious, ask away!

(Also reading this back I realise how posh I sound even in writing, jfc I've been ruined)

ReputationRep:
    Do you wish you go to a state school, why or why not?

Things you like about your school that are different to a state school?

ReputationRep:
    i’ve been in private education my whole life. went to a private nursery and now at an all girls private. doing gcses atm and staying at that same school until 18. people take the muck out of me like ‘oh you don’t know what it’s like to talk to a guy’ and stuff like that which really annoys me. like just because i’ve been in all girls private education my whole life that doesn’t mean to say i don’t interact with guys at all!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    Do you wish you go to a state school, why or why not?

Things you like about your school that are different to a state school?
    There are times when I definitely wish I went to a state school- the main reasons being that I wanted to know people from different backgrounds, not have 3 hours of homework a night and constant testing, less intense sports lessons, and inset days...and, I'm not gonna lie, I do kinda wish I knew more guys :P
    On the other hand though, I do have to acknowledge that my school has gotten me really good results and given me some amazing opportunities, so at the end of the day, I'd say that if I could choose, I would either go to a mixed private school or a mixed selective state school.

As for things that I like about my school that are different to a state school, well obviously there's the education which is fantastic at my school, albeit incredibly stressful, and we seem to have people from a greater variety of countries than at the local state schools (although I think that just has something to do with where I live). The teachers also really love their jobs for the most part and aren't as ridiculously overworked as state school teachers, and we have quite a lot of extra-curriculars we can take part in. I suppose those are the main things I like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisseyjj)
    i’ve been in private education my whole life. went to a private nursery and now at an all girls private. doing gcses atm and staying at that same school until 18. people take the muck out of me like ‘oh you don’t know what it’s like to talk to a guy’ and stuff like that which really annoys me. like just because i’ve been in all girls private education my whole life that doesn’t mean to say i don’t interact with guys at all!!!
    I envy you for knowing guys xD it's not that I'm desperate for a boyfriend (I was in a relationship for 8 months), I just tend to get along with guys pretty well. I agree with you though, going to a girls' school doesn't mean we can't talk to guys, they're just people after all and not all of us are terrified of them xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberliufan123)
    I envy you for knowing guys xD it's not that I'm desperate for a boyfriend (I was in a relationship for 8 months), I just tend to get along with guys pretty well. I agree with you though, going to a girls' school doesn't mean we can't talk to guys, they're just people after all and not all of us are terrified of them xD
    the only guys i know are from my judo club lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisseyjj)
    the only guys i know are from my judo club lmao
    Ohhh, so you can body slam them if they misbehave, nice xD

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, so you can body slam them if they misbehave, nice xD
    something like that... yes
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    How religious is your school? (Asking as someone who went to a posh Catholic grammar school).

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty religious- we say prayers during our two assemblies and each year group goes to chapel once a week, plus we have a bunch of other random church services throughout the year. I think our parents actually have to sign a waver agreeing that we'll participate in all religious services. I'm not religious, so I usually don't join in in the lord's prayer and such, and I've gotten some really dirty looks because of it xD is yours similar to that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    How religious is your school? (Asking as someone who went to a posh Catholic grammar school).
    The above response was supposed to go to you but my phone glitched xD
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I go to an all girls C of E private school (the ultimate combination amirite) and have been asked loads of questions by my friends who go to state schools, some of which are really interesting, and some of which are hilarious- so I feel like my experience qualifies me to answer any questions anyone on here might have about life at that kind of school so if you're curious, ask away!

(Also reading this back I realise how posh I sound even in writing, jfc I've been ruined)
    What traits will attract you to your rich husband?

ReputationRep:
    How are the arguments/fights (+ how are they dealt with), i got to an all girls school too it's a state school. Also, in the future if you do have children will you take them to a private school and if you have a daughter would you take her to an all-girls school, if so/not why?
    Where is your school, STRANGE DANGER (not the address but area, like i go to school in London and so the experience might be different to say someone who goes to school in Cornwall).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    What traits will attract you to your rich husband?
    Hmm lemme see, they have to own several dogs, at least one of which is called Maxwell, live in a country manor far removed from the local peasants, practice such activities as pheasant shooting and cricket on a regular basis, and use phrases such as, 'I say!' as much as possible. Oh, and of course, they should completely disregard my own intelligence and just see me as a pair of tits, since of course my ultimate goal in life is to be a bored housewife who spends all her time *****ing about the neighbours and buying overly priced handbags. That about answer your question? :P
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hmm lemme see, they have to own several dogs, at least one of which is called Maxwell, live in a country manor far removed from the local peasants, practice such activities as pheasant shooting and cricket on a regular basis, and use phrases such as, 'I say!' as much as possible. Oh, and of course, they should completely disregard my own intelligence and just see me as a pair of tits, since of course my ultimate goal in life is to be a bored housewife who spends all her time *****ing about the neighbours and buying overly priced handbags. That about answer your question? :P
    Will you marry me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MozartEd)
    How are the arguments/fights (+ how are they dealt with), i got to an all girls school too it's a state school. Also, in the future if you do have children will you take them to a private school and if you have a daughter would you take her to an all-girls school, if so/not why?
    Where is your school, STRANGE DANGER (not the address but area, like i go to school in London and so the experience might be different to say someone who goes to school in Cornwall).
    Their is a fair amount of bullying, and sometimes it's dealt with but sometimes it really isn't My school is a breeding ground for that kind of stuff, unfortunately.
    I definitely wouldn't send my own daughter to an all-girls school, since I've just found it to be such an unrealistic and closed off environment- as for whether I would send them to a private school (assuming I can afford to in the future lol!), that would depend on the other schools in the area. If there was a good local state school, then I would send them there I think.

My school is in the posh, semi-countryside part of the South of England xD I've been to a couple in London though and I have to say they felt a lot less closed off.

ReputationRep:
    Will you marry me?
    Well that depends my good sir, do you meet the aforementioned requirements? We rich girls have to be very meticulous about who we let inherit all daddy's money.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well that depends my good sir, do you meet the aforementioned requirements? We rich girls have to be very meticulous about who we let inherit all daddy's money.
    Daddy's money does not interest me.

Amply. You will need to sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree to sign a pre-nuptial.

Will you need treatment for bulimia or anorexia?

ReputationRep:
    Daddy's money does not interest me.

Amply. You will need to sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree to sign a pre-nuptial.

Will you need treatment for bulimia or anorexia?
    Sounds fair enough, you've got to make sure the woman can't weasel out of it.

I'm afraid so, at 10 kg I am the heaviest person in my school.

How old are you?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.