Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Does anybody know what the telephone interview for medical English proficiency is about? It's specific to international students but I have no idea what they will be asking so any help would be appreciated!

Thank youuuuuu
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallLadyDoc)
    Hey guys,

Does anybody know what the telephone interview for medical English proficiency is about? It's specific to international students but I have no idea what they will be asking so any help would be appreciated!

Thank youuuuuu
    Is there anyone at your uni or in the electives office who can help from previous experience? I would imagine they're just checking to make sure your level of English is enough to understand what is going on while you're there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Is there anyone at your uni or in the electives office who can help from previous experience? I would imagine they're just checking to make sure your level of English is enough to understand what is going on while you're there.
    There is but the main electives lady is currently on maternity leave and the person who's taken over takes weeks to reply to emails. I was just wondering if they would ask about medical stuff or not because there really isn't any information on this out there :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallLadyDoc)
    There is but the main electives lady is currently on maternity leave and the person who's taken over takes weeks to reply to emails. I was just wondering if they would ask about medical stuff or not because there really isn't any information on this out there :/
    Is this what you're talking about? In that case you come from a medical school in an English speaking country so this doesn't apply to you. The interview is with the registrar's office so it's unlikely to be medical.

ReputationRep:
    Ring them up and ask. It's the fastest way to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Is this what you're talking about? In that case you come from a medical school in an English speaking country so this doesn't apply to you. The interview is with the registrar's office so it's unlikely to be medical.
    Yes, that's what I'm referring to but it says at the bottom that you need both:
    • Language of medical school instruction must be taught in English. If your language of instruction is in English, please have this indicated in your letter of support
    • AND successful completion of a telephone interview.

I might just call them up and find out...

Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    Ring them up and ask. It's the fastest way to find out.
    Hahaha good advice! I guess I just like to be prepared

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.