The Student Room Group

My younger sister is pregnant before me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
u do know that she is at the legal age to have sex. Yes, shes still a child by the law but if that was her choice and her boyfriend is supporting her then it should be fine. However she wont have much a social life whilst u will and don't be jealous u can treat her child as if its ur own until ur ready to have ur own.TBH u guys kinda bitter
So they're not really bothered about education then, or marriage or anything vaguely respectable? Sounds like the standard run of the mill trash that are rampant across the land. I suppose the father has buggered off as well no doubt.....
Gotta wait till you’re ready- it’s not a competition
This is a 0/10 Troll thread
pregnant at 17, classy
Reply 25
Trust me you won't feel jealous when you're 25 and loving and living life to the fullest whilst you're now 24 year old sister looks about 40 with massive bags under her eyes, lots of wrinkles and can't find a date because shes a single mother and who the hell wants to date that? If anything learn a valid lesson from your sisters mistake and make sure you don't become pregnant anytime soon. Plenty of time for that shiz when you're in your 30s. Your 20s are for living.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I am the oldest of 4 kids (im 18) and my younger sister is pregnant (17).
My problem is, is that im slightly jealous of her. Dont get me wrong, im happy for her and everything, but i feel as though i should be the first one pregnant as i am the first child.
I dont really know why i feel like this, and i didnt even think i would feel like this and i just dont know tbh
I didnt really know where to put this but i feel like i need to get it out there idk

Any advice is appreciated xx

Your thought process, unfortunately shared by far too many people, is one of the worst things about this country.

"I want to be pregnant, I haven't thought at all about how I'll look after it, how it will affect my ability to learn or get the skills to get a good job, but nevermind".

And then the rest of society ends up funding you through the taxes and benefits system to have worse job prospects so you can contribute even less to society in the future.

Worst of all, you're bringing up a child who is not going to get the standard of life that financially stable parents in a long term relationship can give. Given that you and your sister have grown up wanting to get pregnant as soon as possible it follows that your children are going to have the same opinion, and the whole process starts again.

Note: The above assumes the OP and her sister are not somehow financially stable at the ages of 17 and 18, and will have to use the benefits system to support the child which is true in the vast majority of cases.
wait, so is everyone in this chat british?
I'm pretty sure you're not going to be getting a "why can't you be more like your sister!?" on this one.
Original post by Officer Deeznuts
wait, so is everyone in this chat british?

Well, it's a UK based forum, so the vast majority will at least be British citizens.
I would not be jealous, bye bye social life for her she will soon realise how hard it really is.
Well I didn't ****8ng know I stumbled across this ****
Think of it this way, life is not a race. You shouldn't "compete" to see who becomes pregnant or gets a career otherwise it will undermine your achievements and you'll only be making life choices to "win". But what do you win? Nothing.

I know it's hard, heck, I am the eldest child too. Me and my younger brother compete for the best artistic ability, but I know it will never be me that gets the praise because I'm not supported.

Sometimes you have to let them be the one to take the leap forward, even if you wanted to take it first.

Just take a breather and think about what YOU want to do, hopefully it should help ground you in your own wants and desires, not that of others whom you want to beat.

Life isn't a competition.
Take it slow or you will realize how quickly it passes by.
first of all, I'm an American. 2nd I think you're 18 year old adult is 16? which is completely ****ing stupid. No offense, but I seen a lot of retarded British people. 3rd who ****ing cares....? Just worry about you're damn self. You have you're hole life ahead of you. Don't make You're like a living hell, cause you want a kid. That's pure stupidness right there, sorry to say it. Good luck in life!
life*
I'm 19 and I can never imagine having a baby. I mean at 18 you are far too young to be contemplating that. I mean all the best to your sister. Having a baby is no walk in the park trust me hun. Live your life, get your degree, find the right person get married if you want and then babies can come after. I mean what's the rush? This sort of behaviour would be understandable from a 50 year old who is desperate to have a baby.
Hey,
My problem is, is that im slightly jealous of her. Dont get me wrong, im happy for her and everything, but i feel as though i should be the first one pregnant as i am the first child.
I dont really know why i feel like this, and i didnt even think i would feel like this and i just dont know tbh
I didnt really know where to put this but i feel like i need to get it out there idk

For crying out loud - what does a 17 year old know about bringing up children - this is clearly a career choice for her and it is awful.

She will miss out on things like university social life; social life per se. Travelling, having fun. Always have someone else to think about.

Just thank your lucky stars it is not you.
Hey,

I can understand why you feel that way but just remember that although it's very exciting for her right now raising a child is NOT easy and is a real struggle let alone at such a young age where at 17 years old she isn't even fully mature herself and is probably still in education? Having a child at such a young age will affect her a lot. Her social life, education and career will all be affected so although you may feel jealous right now you probably won't be once the baby is actually born.
Original post by eden3
you're equally as stupid as each other. Your sister for getting pregnant at 17, and you for thinking that's an accomplishment

Not sure why you got so many likes for that comment. You are being ignorant and insensitive.
Reply 39
Congratulate your sister and be happy or happy for her, I get that it’s hard but it’s not really that bad, my mum had her first child at 19 but she was pregnant at 18, my mums now 41 and my sister is 22, it doesnt really matter how old she is, as long as it’s legal, my mums life wasn’t ruined, my friends mum gave birth at 15 and went to uni, it’s okay

Quick Reply

Latest