Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone !

Just curious to know how does a bac es spe math compare with A level maths ? I'm thinking about applying to several economic courses but was wondering if it was manageable and if I would be able to cope ?
    I'll surely be applying to Oxford E/M, I the course to math heavy for a bac es ? ( Is the course even math heavy ? )

Wonderful forum by the way !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesperes)
    Hi everyone !

Just curious to know how does a bac es spe math compare with A level maths ? I'm thinking about applying to several economic courses but was wondering if it was manageable and if I would be able to cope ?
    I'll surely be applying to Oxford E/M, I the course to math heavy for a bac es ? ( Is the course even math heavy ? )

Wonderful forum by the way !
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think for E/M, Oxford would require maths at A-level (for English applicants). Maths A-Level is comparable to maths in S stream, but it is richer in content than Bac S maths (but I suppose french maths is better in terms of mathematical "rigeur"). I'd suggest you catch up on S maths and probably look at C3 and C4 maths. Especially look at integration by parts and substitution.

ReputationRep:
    Si it's not a big problem catching up bac s level but even if I did, how could Oxford possibly know I did extra math by myself to level up ? And then again, would my application by merely considered with a bac es ? Thanks for the advice !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesperes)
    Si it's not a big problem catching up bac s level but even if I did, how could Oxford possibly know I did extra math by myself to level up ? And then again, would my application by merely considered with a bac es ? Thanks for the advice !
    You can mention it in your ps or ask you teacher to include it in your reference. For example, my referee said I studied independently as maths and as physics for my own interest.
    You should email the college but I know a few ppl doing PPE at Oxford (Philosophy, politics and economics) after doing bac ES so should be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.