Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any Sainsbury’s employees that could help?? I am 16 years old and have only worked at Sainsbury’s for about 6 weeks. The week I started my dad had a stroke and I had to take that day off (my 3rd shift) they put this down as a sick day which I think is pretty unreasonable. I suffer with anxiety and on my second week I worked 2 hours (out of 4) and just had to tell my supervisor that I felt sick because I felt so teary and horrible with all the stress (I went straight from a full day of college to sainsburys) I just had to go home, my manager knew this was all because of my situation with my dad after speaking to her . This was put as another sick day which is fair enough (although given the circumstances I think it’s pretty harsh on me). Then last week after having no sick days I took one off this time for actually being ill and the next day I went in for my shift and I got a written warning- my manager said I’ve taken about 4 days off sick (which is untrue anyway) and she said ‘I’m not sacking you yet’. I handed in my notice the day after because I hate the job anyway and they’re clearly not very understanding of my situation. I experience high levels of anxiety before going to work and I have to give 4 weeks notice after working there for 4 more weeks (which I’ve worked 6 weeks). Although I just wondered if there was any way I could avoid this as working there really is horrible for me. If I spoke to HR would they be able to do anything? I’m tempted to just not go in ever again and delete it off my CV completely as my reference sounds as if it would be pretty bad anyway due to the verbal warning. Please could anyone help?? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you could just call in sick everyday, or tell them you will not be coming in for mental health issues you're currently dealing with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ᒍack)
    Yeah you could just call in sick everyday, or tell them you will not be coming in for mental health issues you're currently dealing with.
    but then I’m worried that they’ll sack me- this would definitely mean I’d have to delete it off my CV - would I get paid for the shifts I haven’t been paid for yet? I don’t really want to get fired I would rather leave on good terms, I just didn’t know if there was any way to avoid the 4 weeks notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankiemaya)
    but then I’m worried that they’ll sack me- this would definitely mean I’d have to delete it off my CV - would I get paid for the shifts I haven’t been paid for yet? I don’t really want to get fired I would rather leave on good terms, I just didn’t know if there was any way to avoid the 4 weeks notice
    They'd still have to pay you for the time worked.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.