Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so I'm an 18 year old lad. I'd consider myself fairly good looking, just under 6 foot, light eyes very dark hair, I take good care of myself and treat girls with absolute respect BUT my confidence with girls has been shot down since my girlfriend left me last year (it was a rough one, 3 years and ended in heartbreak) and I lost most of my closest friends at the same time...though I feel its the right time to get 'back in the game'.

I am on a gap year and have NOwhere to meet girls. I have plenty of friends, mostly boys and they are in a similar position to me but seem to be unfazed by their lack of girl time

I feel ready to start dating or whatever you want to call it again, but I have no school/college, I have a few girl mates but they've gone to uni so they cant exactly introduce me to their friends

What does someone in my position do? I'm not sure how I feel about approaching girls in the street and don't really want to message random girls in my area on instagram which I feel is a bit weird...is the only place to meet girls in clubs? Is waiting until uni the only way?

NEED SOME ADVICE as I feel like I am going to just be with my boys until next year which is okay but not ideal...

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Get a hobby and meet people that way? But don't go in with the intention of trying to date the first girl you see.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so I'm an 18 year old lad. I'd consider myself fairly good looking, just under 6 foot, light eyes very dark hair, I take good care of myself and treat girls with absolute respect BUT my confidence with girls has been shot down since my girlfriend left me last year (it was a rough one, 3 years and ended in heartbreak) and I lost most of my closest friends at the same time...though I feel its the right time to get 'back in the game'.

I am on a gap year and have NOwhere to meet girls. I have plenty of friends, mostly boys and they are in a similar position to me but seem to be unfazed by their lack of girl time

I feel ready to start dating or whatever you want to call it again, but I have no school/college, I have a few girl mates but they've gone to uni so they cant exactly introduce me to their friends

What does someone in my position do? I'm not sure how I feel about approaching girls in the street and don't really want to message random girls in my area on instagram which I feel is a bit weird...is the only place to meet girls in clubs? Is waiting until uni the only way?

NEED SOME ADVICE as I feel like I am going to just be with my boys until next year which is okay but not ideal...

Thank you
    get a job there might be some there

get a job there might be some there
    I have a job and it's with all guys😔

ReputationRep:
    tinder
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    What are your interests? Join a club or something or start doing something that interests you weekly or something and then you might meet someone, at least that way you'd know that she's interested in the same things, and you have something to talk about

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.