Apprenticeship wage Watch

It'sEverydayBro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
At the minute I am in my second year of a level 3 IT BTEC and am intending to move onto a degree apprenticeship when I have completed it in June 2018. I am 18 and will be 19 in August 2018. I currently claim income support and it is just enough to live on at the moment. I also get housing benefit and council tax exemption because I am in full time education.
Would all of this stop when I move onto my apprenticeship? And if so would I be entitled to any other benefit or would I have to live off the money I receive from my apprenticeship (£3.50 p/h) until I finish my first year and get the National Living Wage after that.
If it does stop and I am not entitled to any other benefit could I realistically live off apprentice wage if I can currently only just get by on £115 every 2 weeks with housing benefit and council tax exemption.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 11 months ago
interesting question, awaiting answers too
It'sEverydayBro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Blackstarr)
interesting question, awaiting answers too
It probably won't get an answer. I've posted this 5 times now lmao
Tiger Rag
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by It'sEverydayBro)
It probably won't get an answer. I've posted this 5 times now lmao
You're probably better off talking to someone like Citizens Advice who'd know far more than a student forum tbh.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (529)
36.81%
are desperate for students (908)
63.19%

Watched Threads