Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all,

I really like and enjoy jewellery. My 18th birthday present from my parents to me was a gold neck chain. I loved it. I never took it off because I'm incredibly forgetful and I knew that I would misplace it in a drawer or something and lose it.

In a club in London last night, it was snatched from my neck. The clasp on the back of the chain was weak and it broke as soon as the thief pulled hard enough. I am devastated that it has been stolen from me not just for the market value of the chain itself, but also the sentimental value.

I went through the usual procedure of reporting the theft to the police and the security of the club. Whether this will have any effect, nobody knows for sure yet.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything... just wondering whether anybody has any tips for these kind of situations? What could I have done differently? I am kinda scared for my phone now as well...

ReputationRep:
    not going to blame you, I have done similar things as well. it is worth making sure the clasp is secure on all your jewellery and maybe keeping a little pouch of pocket to put into your handbag in a zip if youre going out, make a conscious effort to think about it

ReputationRep:
    I stole it

(Original post by shezzax)
    not going to blame you, I have done similar things as well. it is worth making sure the clasp is secure on all your jewellery and maybe keeping a little pouch of pocket to put into your handbag in a zip if youre going out, make a conscious effort to think about it

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

I really like and enjoy jewellery. My 18th birthday present from my parents to me was a gold neck chain. I loved it. I never took it off because I'm incredibly forgetful and I knew that I would misplace it in a drawer or something and lose it.

In a club in London last night, it was snatched from my neck. The clasp on the back of the chain was weak and it broke as soon as the thief pulled hard enough. I am devastated that it has been stolen from me not just for the market value of the chain itself, but also the sentimental value.

I went through the usual procedure of reporting the theft to the police and the security of the club. Whether this will have any effect, nobody knows for sure yet.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything... just wondering whether anybody has any tips for these kind of situations? What could I have done differently? I am kinda scared for my phone now as well...
    Your title reminded of the Run DMC music video It’s tricky😂 Anyways I’m sorry that this happened, maybe you should consider replacing it yourself as most likely it won’t be found. Sorry for being negative but that’s probs what’s gonna happen. However I hope it does get found!!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.