Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    GCSE RELIGIOUS STUDIES HELP CHAT
    If you take GCSE RS it would be smart to watch this thread!

Hey guys, the main focus of this chat is to assist you with any R.S work you happen to have through adequate responses from experienced helpers. We also wish for this thread to be an open space for collaboration whether that's through sharing revision techniques or discussing upcoming examinations.

We also hope to equip you for the tests with study material and things we find useful, this can be anything from key quotes to guides on how to approach the different questions!

Lastly, if you have a passion for this subject and seek to help others by becoming a helper please private message me and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Official Helpers List:
    @chance_rydes947
    faithoshxo
    yeahthatonethere
    clouddbubbles

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My Specification: Edexcel B
    Religions: Christianity & Islam
    Target Grade: 8
    Current Grade: 9
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chance_rydes947)
    Moved to the religious studies forum so anyone looking in here for help can find it

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys I'm Faith and I'm taking WJEC Religious Studies, with Christianity and Judaism. I am predicted an 8/9 so I've you have any questions, I can (hopefully) answer them.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm Kate, I took my GCSEs 2 years ago and did AQA Religious Studies and got an A* which I then took to AS Level!

My course was more based on philosophy and ethics than religion as we didn't really look at one in depth but I can try to give a hand wherever I can, so if you have any questions just ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Moved to the religious studies forum so anyone looking in here for help can find it
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i’m anya
    i’m doing edexcel RE
    and studying christianity (catholicism mainly as my school is catholic) and judaism!

predicted an 8+ and achieving a 9 (woop woop)

i’m just finishing off my first unit on christian beliefs and teachings and i have a test next week...

can’t wait to get involved in this chat xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    hey guys i’m anya
    i’m doing edexcel RE
    and studying christianity (catholicism mainly as my school is catholic) and judaism!

predicted an 8+ and achieving a 9 (woop woop)

i’m just finishing off my first unit on christian beliefs and teachings and i have a test next week...

can’t wait to get involved in this chat xox
    Thanks glad we're doing same spec!
    With Mocks coming up this chat could have some good use RS Revision

ReputationRep:
    Thanks glad we're doing same spec!
    With Mocks coming up this chat could have some good use RS Revision
    yes!
    i’m in year 10 so no mocks just yet but i’m getting my first taste of the gcse end of unit tests that my school are giving us, so i will be needing to revise!

so far i’m thinking of writing up some sources of wisdom and authority to memorise and also making up some practise exam questions so that i understand the structure and can try and answer as best as possible - but if anyone has some even better revision techniques im totally interested!

ReputationRep:
    yes!
    i’m in year 10 so no mocks just yet but i’m getting my first taste of the gcse end of unit tests that my school are giving us, so i will be needing to revise!

so far i’m thinking of writing up some sources of wisdom and authority to memorise and also making up some practise exam questions so that i understand the structure and can try and answer as best as possible - but if anyone has some even better revision techniques im totally interested!
    Essentially, for me Sources of Wisdom has been the main focus for revision because I feel if I learn the quotes I can apply them to the question during the exam.

I find the trick with SOWAs is:
    A) Pick a quote that is adaptable, therefore there's less to learn
    B) Diversify the sources of your quotes: It can be quite tedious writing out 'In Leviticus 18:22 it says...' , why not use a quote from the Pope or Archbishop, you mentioned you study Judaism therefore you could quote from religious figures like the Grand Rabbi instead of only using the Torah/Bible.

My biggest struggle atm is time-management I spend way too long on the 'A' questions consequently constraining what I can write for the prime 'D' question!

ReputationRep:
    Essentially, for me Sources of Wisdom has been the main focus for revision because I feel if I learn the quotes I can apply them to the question during the exam.

I find the trick with SOWAs is:
    A) Pick a quote that is adaptable, therefore there's less to learn
    B) Diversify the sources of your quotes: It can be quite tedious writing out 'In Leviticus 18:22 it says...' , why not use a quote from the Pope or Archbishop, you mentioned you study Judaism therefore you could quote from religious figures like the Grand Rabbi instead of only using the Torah/Bible.

My biggest struggle atm is time-management I spend way too long on the 'A' questions consequently constraining what I can write for the prime 'D' question!
    time management is my worst nightmare in most subjects! i can write some awesome responses but perhaps not with all these time constraints...

i would agree with what you’ve said about sources of wisdom and authority - and also i really struggle to interpret what some of these quotes say, so it takes me a little while to ‘decipher’ what i think they mean, and subsequently i don’t choose every quote going!
    will definitely try and find some that are either adaptable or particularly applicable to a certain point

my teacher has suggesting for our first test that a particular source we could refer to is the Nicene Creed (as we are a catholic school is has more importance) but i find the best quotes for me come from the Catechism or the Pope because they make a bit more sense than the quotes of the Bible (and when the time comes, the Torah’

ReputationRep:
    time management is my worst nightmare in most subjects! i can write some awesome responses but perhaps not with all these time constraints...

i would agree with what you’ve said about sources of wisdom and authority - and also i really struggle to interpret what some of these quotes say, so it takes me a little while to ‘decipher’ what i think they mean, and subsequently i don’t choose every quote going!
    will definitely try and find some that are either adaptable or particularly applicable to a certain point

my teacher has suggesting for our first test that a particular source we could refer to is the Nicene Creed (as we are a catholic school is has more importance) but i find the best quotes for me come from the Catechism or the Pope because they make a bit more sense than the quotes of the Bible (and when the time comes, the Torah’
    Ofc studying Catholicism will mean the Catholic Catechism is an essential!

ReputationRep:
    Ofc studying Catholicism will mean the Catholic Catechism is an essential!
    yep! and luckily the catechism is really easy to interpret!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    No problem
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    GCSE RELIGIOUS STUDIES HELP CHAT
    If you take GCSE RS it would be smart to watch this thread!

Hey guys, the main focus of this chat is to assist you with any R.S work you happen to have through adequate responses from experienced helpers. We also wish for this thread to be an open space for collaboration whether that's through sharing revision techniques or discussing upcoming examinations.

We also hope to equip you for the tests with study material and things we find useful, this can be anything from key quotes to guides on how to approach the different questions!

Lastly, if you have a passion for this subject and seek to help others by becoming a helper please private message me and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Official Helpers List:
    @chance_rydes947
    faithoshxo
    yeahthatonethere
    clouddbubbles
    Great thread! I'm going to stick it

I did GCSE RS last year and got an A*, so I'm happy to help if anyone needs it, but bear in mind I was on the old spec
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonechka)
    Great thread! I'm going to stick it

I did GCSE RS last year and got an A*, so I'm happy to help if anyone needs it, but bear in mind I was on the old spec
    Ummm...3 sticky limit :hide:

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* last year with decently high UMS, so I'll hang around.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm...3 sticky limit :hide:
    boooo
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ummm...3 sticky limit
    Nah, 4 is fine. English and foreign languages have 4 too - as long as they're all useful stickies, it's all good. It isn't a totally strict limit.

5 stickies, however...:unimpressed::unimpressed::no:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.