Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi I got an A* in this subject through rambling and spouting of religious opinion if your family is religious you're already 8 steps ahead of the game.

legit just start every sentence with 'the Qur'an explicitly states' or 'Jesus implicitly referenced', and you'll be gucci fam

Source-
    Born and raised in Islamic Republic of Iran.

ReputationRep:
    How would I answer ‘Pikuach Nafesh is very important’ 12 marks (Judaism btw)

ReputationRep:
    For the 12 mark questions, do you need to show where your quotes come from (eg. 'two will become one flesh' -Mark 10:8)? One of my teacher has said that we have to in order to get the top grades, and another says we don't have to. I can't find any specific information about this on the mark schemes so do you guys know? Would it just be best to include them in case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah-Brown)
    For the 12 mark questions, do you need to show where your quotes come from (eg. 'two will become one flesh' -Mark 10:8)? One of my teacher has said that we have to in order to get the top grades, and another says we don't have to. I can't find any specific information about this on the mark schemes so do you guys know? Would it just be best to include them in case?
    (Original post by Yang2204)
    hey guys!

i really wish i could help you out but i don’t think i’m on your exam board
    hopefully someone else is and can help you out...

as for where your quotes came from - i cant see it being that important? you could maybe paraphrase it and say ‘in mark 10:8 you can see this as he says...’ to make it more eloquent and this is what i do (for example: this is shown in the nicene creed where it says ‘for us and for our salvation, he came down from heaven’ or something like that... )
    i guess just include them just in case
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yang2204)
    (Original post by Hannah-Brown)
    oops wait, forget that, i am on your exam board!
    ditto for the quotes question...

answering the question on judaism, just try and think about a jewish perspective, a non religious perspective and your own perspective, and use some quotes to back it up

ReputationRep:
    I am doing WJEC Christianity, Islam and Ethics my questions is how are you revising? And what is the easiest way as my exams are in about 28-30days

ReputationRep:
    On OCR Rs doing christianity, islam and ethics from a christian perspective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hetaj)
    I am doing WJEC Christianity, Islam and Ethics my questions is how are you revising? And what is the easiest way as my exams are in about 28-30days
    I did a different exam board but I found that flashcards were by far the best for me! They helped me remember key philosophers and quotes for ethics and they helped me get solid footing for my essays.

If you can, try and do a few exam questions now and get your teacher to mark them (you can try marking them yourself to familiarise yourself with how they're marked too). I found this was helpful towards exam time as it meant I could measure up what I needed to revise and that my technique was correct.

Hope I've helped and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithoshxo)
    Hello guys I'm Faith and I'm taking WJEC Religious Studies, with Christianity and Judaism. I am predicted an 8/9 so I've you have any questions, I can (hopefully) answer them.
    How do u study for it?
    Im working at a 8 aswell but i dont know how to efficiently revise for it

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing my syllabus??? I'm doing Catholic Christianity with Judaism and Philosophy and Ethics

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.