Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I was in my final years of high school. My parents kept telling me to ace my exams so I could prepare to go study in the UK. After passing my O' Levels, I did A Level to get admission into the University of Law in Manchester so I could get my LLB.

However, upon my finishing A Levels, my father went into serious debt with a local bank and all my hopes of schooling in the UK were dashed upon the rocks. Now, my next aim was to secure an admission into a good school here in my home country if nothing.

So I applied to one I knew was good after writing national exams and I got admission. But my father didn't let me resume because he felt the public schools in my country are no good.

After I persuaded him, he let me go register - but it was too late. Registration had closed. I sat at home for one year, waiting patiently for the next national exams. When it finally came I passed and had to write a newly implemented entrance exam to the school. This exam had 50 questions for all the participants, 20 of these questions were math-based and I did maths approximately three years ago. I got 13/30 when my results came out and it crushed me. I couldn't get admission this year once again.

It seems to me like I'll be sitting at home for another year. What the hell do I do with my life?

ReputationRep:
    how comes your posting on a UK forum
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.