Turn on thread page Beta

When to apply for Uni Bursaries/Scholarships? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have just applied for university to do Medicine. I have one unconditional offer (my backup course, BioMedical Science), and one interview in December. The other 3 choices haven't responded yet.

When do you apply/email to ask about scholarships and bursaries? I know I am eligible for some from these universities.

Do I wait until I get decisions through or ask about it now?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They are usually done automatically through links to student finance once you've accepted your place .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redhelen)
    They are usually done automatically through links to student finance once you've accepted your place .

They are not all automatic, some are and some aren't, so worth checking now when the deadlines are and if you do have to apply to make sure you don't miss out.

There are also scholarships which are more general and open to students at any university, so doing some research now could also give you a better chance of finding more that you can apply for.

So, how do we go on about it?

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage to already get an interview offer?
    No idea about scholarships, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get the interview for ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ja0)
    I have just applied for university to do Medicine. I have one unconditional offer (my backup course, BioMedical Science), and one interview in December. The other 3 choices haven't responded yet.

When do you apply/email to ask about scholarships and bursaries? I know I am eligible for some from these universities.

Do I wait until I get decisions through or ask about it now?

Thanks
    which universities did you apply to and which university has invited you for an interview and when did you receive the invite??

Quite a few questions there!! lol I will appreciate a response. thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So sorry for the late reply, just read all the responses, probably not relevant now as its been a few months lol - haven't been on the forum for ages cause of studying

The interview I got was from the Uni of Bradford which does a transfer scheme to Leeds through their Clinical Sciences course.

Fast forward to now I've got 3 offers and now I dont know what to do XD

(Original post by TracyEmu)
    which universities did you apply to and which university has invited you for an interview and when did you receive the invite??

Quite a few questions there!! lol I will appreciate a response. thanks

ReputationRep:
    you said that you applied to uni of Bradford clinical sciences transfer to Leeds.Im currently in first year of college and thinking of applying to the foundation in clinical sciences at Bradford to then hopefully transfer to Leeds for medicine, im currently studying Law, Sociology and Business Studies. what A levels did you do and what grades did you achieve? Should i apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halvi1212)
    you said that you applied to uni of Bradford clinical sciences transfer to Leeds.Im currently in first year of college and thinking of applying to the foundation in clinical sciences at Bradford to then hopefully transfer to Leeds for medicine, im currently studying Law, Sociology and Business Studies. what A levels did you do and what grades did you achieve? Should i apply?
    I know their entry requirements are BCC. You also need GCSE English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry (or Dual Award Science) at grade C or 4. You also need to be a widening participation student - the website has the requirements on their course page for Clinical science foundation.

I don't see any specific A Level requirements, just that they are BCC.

My A levels were a bit complicated as I changed my mind during my AS levels. I studied Biology, Maths, Graphics and Geography, then changed to A2 level Biology, Maths, Graphics and took up Chemistry AS (which meant I had to complete a third year in college to complete my chemistry A2). I dropped Geography.

I got BBB in my A levels and am currently studying chemistry A2 which I will complete this summer.

The best advice I can offer to you is to either email or phone the university explaining your qualifications and what you want to do, and then they can explain their course requirements you need in more detail and whether you are eligible. Their advice is the best advice since they're the ones who are considering your application.

If you're 100% set on medicine, you should contact other medical schools (probably ones with a foundation year) and ask if you are eligible, and whether you could change your A levels to science-based subjects and start from there. Maybe that would work. But again - talk to the universities directly since they're the ones who are going to be offering the places, not me.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Jade

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.