The Student Room Group

Does alcohol make you less likely to evaluate what you say?

So I was just waiting for the bus back to uni accommodation when I saw a girl who lived on my floor from last year. She was very clearly drunk and has another girl with her who also looked a bit drunk. They looked like they were heading to a night club.

She spoke to me for a bit about my plans for next year and this year. I noticed that she was talking quite fast - faster than normal.

As she left she shouted 'love you lots' in front of a fair few people, leaving me slightly blushing as I waited for the bus back.

I am slightly bemused by this, as I have never touched alcohol myself so am a little unaware as to the effects it has on people. I am wondering whether the quick speech is a side effect of alcohol.

Also, is there any significance in 'love you lots'? Does it imply that she cares about me/likes me?
Reply 1
Yeah I wouldn’t think too much about it as she was drunk and that usually makes people including myself more affectionate , emotional and less thoughtful about what they say
If the girl in question is like me when I have intoxicated myself, she may well have just been trying to be funny. I have said a similar thing before for that reason. I've never told anyone any thought that I usually kept guarded while I have been drunk (that I can remember at least). Well, apart from my phone password that one time, but again I did that to be funny (and I believe I succeeded on that occassion).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending