Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This girl says she is in a relationship on fb but.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    This girl has her fb saying she is in a relationship even posting a pic with her guy as her background pic but seems to be interested in me. Asks me lots of questions and has never mentioned to be about her bf. She asks me things like where do you live and what are your plans for the rest of the day that seem random and out of the blue! I like her. Should I ask her out?

Is this a rhetorical thread? Obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this a rhetorical thread? Obviously
    No a serious thread. Maybe she wants an upgrade

ReputationRep:
    her behaviour seems questionable.....if she's in a relationship, she shouldn't really be approaching other men..... i mean it seems kind of wrong.... but i don't know her situation so.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani0322)
    her behaviour seems questionable.....if she's in a relationship, she shouldn't really be approaching other men..... i mean it seems kind of wrong.... but i don't know her situation so.....
    She is young though and she has been with her bf for many years already. Think they met in middle high school. Maybe they are growing apart? She needs a change??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    This girl has her fb saying she is in a relationship even posting a pic with her guy as her background pic but seems to be interested in me. Asks me lots of questions and has never mentioned to be about her bf. She asks me things like where do you live and what are your plans for the rest of the day that seem random and out of the blue! I like her. Should I ask her out?
    (Original post by Dani0322)
    Oh my days 🙄 no for the love of god don't ask her out. Ever heard of someone being friendly? I'm a girl and this sounds like she's just making conversation. If her Facebook page says she's in a relationship and there's even a photo of him and it says they've been together for a while - don't go there, how much more proof do you need? You can't just try and steal someone else's girl 😂 She's clearly still with him even if she hasn't mentioned him not all of us brag about who's arm we're attached to. Tbh I wouldn't even tell her you like her, most boyfriends are protective and it'll get you in a horrible mess if you do. @OP I'd steer well clear if I were you, and just remain friendly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Honestly it just sounds like she's making conversation and being a friend. I ask my colleagues the same questions just to get to know them a bit more. Don't be that guy.

ReputationRep:
    Its not like she is married. What if I am more suitable for her than her current bf?? After all they met when in highschool. People change over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    Its not like she is married. What if I am more suitable for her than her current bf?? After all they met when in highschool. People change over time.
    Respect boundaries you creep! Do you honestly think a woman wants you just because they're being friendly?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Respect boundaries you creep! Do you honestly think a woman wants you just because they're being friendly?
    Well.. This is the same guy who thought his dentist was flirting when she said she liked his teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Well.. This is the same guy who thought his dentist was flirting when she said she liked his teeth.
    What a creep. Sounds like a future rapist.

ReputationRep:
    When she ditches you for someone more attractive, don't come crying
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask her out, she's in a relationship. It doesn't sound like she's clear either way about interest in you, it could just be general friendliness?

Sorry OP (I was the first to reply) after hearing from everyone here and looking through your post history (highly recommended) you are categorically advised not to ask her anything - whether you take that advice is up to you....

ReputationRep:
    "She asks me things like where do you live and what are your plans for the rest of the day that seem random and out of the blue!"
    ?????? That is called initiating conversation ma friend, maybe she has an awkward way of expressing herself. You're reading into it way too much. You can't ask someone out if they are in a relationship, that's just messy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)

if she has a bf then no but if not go for it what ya going to lose ?

ReputationRep:
    You guys don’t know me though. Haven’t you heard of stories where a girl leaves his fb for another guy?

What if I am a really hot guy?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    You guys don’t know me though. Haven’t you heard of stories where a girl leaves his fb for another guy?

What if I am a really hot guy?
    If she does that to her current bf, then how do you know she won't do the same to you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    If she does that to her current bf, then how do you know she won't do the same to you? :rolleyes:
    May the best man win - that is my philosophy.

It’s not like i’m Proposing to her. Just making her mine gf. If she wants to leave for a better man then so be it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zill1)
    May the best man win - that is my philosophy.

It’s not like i’m Proposing to her. Just making her mine gf. If she wants to leave for a better man then so be it.
    It sounds like you don't know what you want. To me it seems like you want a shallow girlfriend who will leave you for an upgrade.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.