The Student Room Group

The Mini Pill and daylight saving

My usual time to take the pill is at 9:30pm however the clocks have gone back an hour but I continued to take the pill at 9:30pm I'm now having brown discharge is this a result of technically taking the pill an hour late since Sunday which is 4 days and to stop this should I take the pill at 8:30pm?
Normally if you take the pill within 2 hours of your usual time you’ll be fine
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My usual time to take the pill is at 9:30pm however the clocks have gone back an hour but I continued to take the pill at 9:30pm I'm now having brown discharge is this a result of technically taking the pill an hour late since Sunday which is 4 days and to stop this should I take the pill at 8:30pm?

Just continue taking it at 9.30 the 1 hour change shouldn't be a reason for brown discharge. Technically you may take one late or early by 12+ hours and would be totally fine. Changing the time by 1 hour should not make a difference at all.

It is best to take it around the same time every night, but if the time changes by an hour or two it doesn't make much of a difference. Just may be a little bit less effective if the time changes every night.
Reply 3
Original post by Devify
Just continue taking it at 9.30 the 1 hour change shouldn't be a reason for brown discharge. Technically you may take one late or early by 12+ hours and would be totally fine. Changing the time by 1 hour should not make a difference at all.

It is best to take it around the same time every night, but if the time changes by an hour or two it doesn't make much of a difference. Just may be a little bit less effective if the time changes every night.

Yeah I take it exactly at 9:30pm every night so it could just be breakthrough bleeding or discharge being a side effect of the pill
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I take it exactly at 9:30pm every night so it could just be breakthrough bleeding or discharge being a side effect of the pill

Most likely, yes. How long have you been on it? If it's in the first few months still then getting some breakthrough bleeding isn't too surprising.

But yeah, changing the time you take it at by an hour shouldn't affect it.

Quick Reply

Latest