Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going nto university in 2018 and I’m wondering about the best universities for fashion and what other people are applying to ? I’ve been mostly looking into central saint martins and uca but I’m worried about applying when I don’t have have a extended diploma or foundation, since my chances of getting in are Low. I’ve also read about Kingston and Loughborough behind good but I’m not sure ? What are you opinions on this ?

ReputationRep:
    I heard London Met is pretty fashionable.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosekhanh)
    I am going nto university in 2018 and I’m wondering about the best universities for fashion and what other people are applying to ? I’ve been mostly looking into central saint martins and uca but I’m worried about applying when I don’t have have a extended diploma or foundation, since my chances of getting in are Low. I’ve also read about Kingston and Loughborough behind good but I’m not sure ? What are you opinions on this ?
    Hiya:hi:

I've popped your thread into this sub-forum so that you should hopefully get the replies you're after.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosekhanh)
    BOF have a ranking for university courses https://www.businessoffashion.com/ed.../rankings/2017

It's not ideal (there's a lot of universities just not listed at all) mainly because universities have to pay to be ranked...but it's a reasonable way to compare those that ARE in the ranking.

Another thing to look at is the GFW films for each university http://www.graduatefashionweek.com/university-shows-1/ and then more importantly compare the number of students showing at GFW with the number of students on the course. Some universities do very well at GFW but only show 10 or so students out of over 100....that means they're only going to be a good place to study if you're in the very top group and get picked to show at GFW. Other universities do well but have half - most of their finalists showing at GFW. That's often a better bet because they obviously support ALL of their students capable of showing at GFW and not just a favoured few.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.