Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My ex cheated on me (not sex) took a girl out and she said he kiss her he admits to taking her out but not kissing her . He's calling me apologising and saying he wants me back. He said about him being Ina bad place and the relationship and he thought **** it. There's no excuse and I don't know what to do. It's been 3 weeks. Should I give it months? Or should I block him out my life for good. He's been the only boy I've loved and he said I have because I was his first relationship he's 20. Things went so sour and odd half way through the relationship and it led to this.

I have no one to talk to about this my friends I've told them espically the ones who aren't really close to him and they all hate him and think he is trash. One friend said see how it goes to me....

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to talk to them about it because I feel like they won't be supportive or give me advice as there's only much you can give someone. I feel so alone. I would normally talk to him about things but I can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer303)
    My ex cheated on me (not sex) took a girl out and she said he kiss her he admits to taking her out but not kissing her . He's calling me apologising and saying he wants me back. He said about him being Ina bad place and the relationship and he thought **** it. There's no excuse and I don't know what to do. It's been 3 weeks. Should I give it months? Or should I block him out my life for good. He's been the only boy I've loved and he said I have because I was his first relationship he's 20. Things went so sour and odd half way through the relationship and it led to this.

I have no one to talk to about this my friends I've told them espically the ones who aren't really close to him and they all hate him and think he is trash. One friend said see how it goes to me....
    Don't feel alone - I know it's easy for me to say that but there's always someone or something that can help you through this. As for the guy, if the girl who is saying that he kissed her is trustworthy, she's likely telling the truth and he's hiding it to avoid hurting you, but also is afraid to get caught.

So what if he's in a bad place, you're the person who he should go to if he truly respects you and values the relationship.

3 weeks isn't enough time to get over something like this but I can promise you it gets better. You have to ask yourself is this guy really worth it? Are you completely happy with him? Or is he really just trash like your friends can see he is and you're just blinded by your love for him?

You deserve more than that, don't settle for someone who says **** it and completely disregards you and your relationship in an instant. Take this time to focus on yourself and everything else will fall into line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomwyatt96)
    Don't feel alone - I know it's easy for me to say that but there's always someone or something that can help you through this. As for the guy, if the girl who is saying that he kissed her is trustworthy, she's likely telling the truth and he's hiding it to avoid hurting you, but also is afraid to get caught.

So what if he's in a bad place, you're the person who he should go to if he truly respects you and values the relationship.

3 weeks isn't enough time to get over something like this but I can promise you it gets better. You have to ask yourself is this guy really worth it? Are you completely happy with him? Or is he really just trash like your friends can see he is and you're just blinded by your love for him?

You deserve more than that, don't settle for someone who says **** it and completely disregards you and your relationship in an instant. Take this time to focus on yourself and everything else will fall into line.
    I love him and I think he does love me this is both our first relationships we couldn't do it right the first time. I feel so embarrassed to tell my friends if I speak to him one of my friends gets it because she's been in my situation the others don't. Our relationship had ended still while we was in the relationship but we just didn't end things. I feel as though I could possibly one day take him back but right now for a couple months perhaps 2/3 months I'm going to focus on myself and speak to him maybe twice a month or something light. I need my trust to return before I even talk to him. Is this a good idea? Is 2-3 months too short or long or right
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    His excuse is pathetic really. There's a reason why you're exes, he cheated and he broke the trust. I don't think it will be the same as it was before.

ReputationRep:

GET rid. Once a cheater always a cheater and anyway you said you were having problems. It's just not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I love him and I think he does love me this is both our first relationships we couldn't do it right the first time. I feel so embarrassed to tell my friends if I speak to him one of my friends gets it because she's been in my situation the others don't. Our relationship had ended still while we was in the relationship but we just didn't end things. I feel as though I could possibly one day take him back but right now for a couple months perhaps 2/3 months I'm going to focus on myself and speak to him maybe twice a month or something light. I need my trust to return before I even talk to him. Is this a good idea? Is 2-3 months too short or long or right
    If he loved you the way you love him, would he have cheated? If he's done it once he'll do it again, and you're going to feel like a complete idiot for taking him back if you do. Just because it's your first relationship it doesn't mean it's bound to be doomed, first relationships sometimes work out, but usually it takes more than one relationship to find the one.

Your trust may eventually come back, but whether or not you should give it to him is only something you can decide, only you will know if he's truly sorry - but in my opinion they're usually only sorry because they got caught. A real man would never do anything to hurt you and spend their time on someone who is going to last a long time over momentary pleasure.

It sounds like your relationship with him has been rocky in the past too, you've just never had the strength to end it. This seems like the perfect opportunity to get out of what sounds like a toxic relationship so that you can focus on yourself, and eventually find someone who looks romantically at you and only you.

ReputationRep:

How long have you two been together? is this the first time he’s cheated?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denny1997)
    How long have you two been together? is this the first time he’s cheated?

A year. And yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.