Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I wanted to study abroad and I'm looking for some Master's degree in Zoology or something related (Ecology, Conservation) for next year but I can't make up my mind of which one to choose specially since the options are many.The possible options range from Innsbruck to Colorado and even some UK ones (just from the field of Zoology I have about 20 universities from 4 countries).
    Right now the ones I have more studied are Galway, Trinity College and British Columbia,specially the research specialities of their professors.Even between those few ones I don't really know what to choose, they all have some interesting projects.
    Is any of these a better option than the rest or are they all more or less equal in quality? Any suggestions of Master's degrees of these subjects?
    Many thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CVeloy)
    Hello, I wanted to study abroad and I'm looking for some Master's degree in Zoology or something related (Ecology, Conservation) for next year but I can't make up my mind of which one to choose specially since the options are many.The possible options range from Innsbruck to Colorado and even some UK ones (just from the field of Zoology I have about 20 universities from 4 countries).
    Right now the ones I have more studied are Galway, Trinity College and British Columbia,specially the research specialities of their professors.Even between those few ones I don't really know what to choose, they all have some interesting projects.
    Is any of these a better option than the rest or are they all more or less equal in quality? Any suggestions of Master's degrees of these subjects?
    Many thanks
    This is a UK site so you may not get many responses here. I'm moving this to the international postgrad study forum.

You are going about this the right way in terms of looking at what is interesting to you and what sort of research is being done at the various institutes. Of the ones you've mentioned British Columbia is the only one I've heard of internationally but that's not to say that the others aren't good. Have a look at where grads end up and how much work/research experience you will get with each course. Also have a look at what links each course has with industry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Imperial course in Taxonomy and Biodiversity is run jointly with the Museum of Natural History in London - it seems it's primarily based at the Museum (which is just a minute or two down the road from the main Imperial "campus"), so that might be of interest.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.