Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No clue what to do next, advice please. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had been talking to this girl for the past month, we seemed to be getting along pretty well and seemed pretty similar for most things, but all of a sudden a few weeks ago she changed out of nowhere for no reason at all, which I brushed off, hoping it wouldn't be permanent.
    Whilst we had been speaking I'd mentioned that I liked her, and she said she didn't want a boyfriend yet (due to certain reasons which would've took quite a while to fix), which I completely respected however, two weeks ago we were talking and she randomly mentions her boyfriend out of nowhere and says that they had been "dating" for a few days. The issue with this is that she never mentioned about him until the day before, and didn't even reference him as "boyfriend" at that point, which really made me feel like I had just been played (I know she doesn't need to tell me but when she gives me reasons like she did and then does that, it doesn't seem very good). I confronted her about it and explained what I thought was going on, I ended up pissing her off because of it and apologising for it. It all seemed to be fine after that, but I toned down messaging her due to the developments. The other day I was playing a game and posted something on my story which caused her to get pissed off (wasn't relevant to her at all, just me) and she started having a go at me for it, I apologised and she just kept trying to keep it going so I took the bait and proceeded. Her boyfriend got into the argument at one point too, yet he knows nothing about me and in the end she ends up removing me, all over a petty argument that wasn't even related to her, that she could've ignored.

I was thinking of letting it blow over for a month and trying again, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it. I wouldn't mind being friends with her again but ofc, I'd have to take caution so I don't piss her off, and probably have to figure out a way to repair the friendship to even get back to that stage.
    Even though me and her weren't a thing, us ending the "friendship" kinda broke me and brought up all sorts of complications with my health again. She was also the first girl I'd actually had a proper friendship with for at least 3 years, which made it even worse with it ending, since I was actually happy for once.

Any ideas on what I should do? I find it really hard to talk to girls so she was kinda special to me since she actually bothered to talk, and put effort in.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Nice2KnoU)
    I had been talking to this girl for the past month, we seemed to be getting along pretty well and seemed pretty similar for most things, but all of a sudden a few weeks ago she changed out of nowhere for no reason at all, which I brushed off, hoping it wouldn't be permanent.
    Whilst we had been speaking I'd mentioned that I liked her, and she said she didn't want a boyfriend yet (due to certain reasons which would've took quite a while to fix), which I completely respected however, two weeks ago we were talking and she randomly mentions her boyfriend out of nowhere and says that they had been "dating" for a few days. The issue with this is that she never mentioned about him until the day before, and didn't even reference him as "boyfriend" at that point, which really made me feel like I had just been played (I know she doesn't need to tell me but when she gives me reasons like she did and then does that, it doesn't seem very good). I confronted her about it and explained what I thought was going on, I ended up pissing her off because of it and apologising for it. It all seemed to be fine after that, but I toned down messaging her due to the developments. The other day I was playing a game and posted something on my story which caused her to get pissed off (wasn't relevant to her at all, just me) and she started having a go at me for it, I apologised and she just kept trying to keep it going so I took the bait and proceeded. Her boyfriend got into the argument at one point too, yet he knows nothing about me and in the end she ends up removing me, all over a petty argument that wasn't even related to her, that she could've ignored.

I was thinking of letting it blow over for a month and trying again, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it. I wouldn't mind being friends with her again but ofc, I'd have to take caution so I don't piss her off, and probably have to figure out a way to repair the friendship to even get back to that stage.
    Even though me and her weren't a thing, us ending the "friendship" kinda broke me and brought up all sorts of complications with my health again. She was also the first girl I'd actually had a proper friendship with for at least 3 years, which made it even worse with it ending, since I was actually happy for once.

Any ideas on what I should do? I find it really hard to talk to girls so she was kinda special to me since she actually bothered to talk, and put effort in.
    Overthinking it. You are going to make a mess of it if you get back in contact, so move on.

She isnt interested in you plus she has a bf and you are both temperamental so you will get into an argument again. Its also rue you dont know where you are with her or what your real feelings are.

Its not worth the effort. get on with your own life and dont communicate unless or until she is single again and tbh id just find someone else. Maybe in the future things will be different. No point being broken up.

Sorry to break it to you, but she probably wasn't interested in the first place and is just looking for a way out now that she knows you are attracted to her as opposed to being just a friend.

ReputationRep:
    :/ Alright, thanks guys.
    Just pisses me off so much that it took so long to find her, for it to all end over such a minor thing, guess it didn't really help that she lied to me and continued to until it ended.

Might just completely give up trying to find anyone, just seems to be a waste of time in today's society when like 95% of people are scumbags who are just out to mess you about and it's not going to get any better, especially when nobody even gives you a chance in the first place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.