Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Micogynon Pill Watch

Announcements

Hi, I stopped taking the pill on Friday for a 7 day break but I’ve only just come on my period on Thursday (longer than usual). Am I still ok to take the pill again on Friday or will this mess my period week up?
    A few months ago I took it half way through the week and I was spotting for a while after.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes you still should take your pill as normal even if you're still on your period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I stopped taking the pill on Friday for a 7 day break but I’ve only just come on my period on Thursday (longer than usual). Am I still ok to take the pill again on Friday or will this mess my period week up?
    A few months ago I took it half way through the week and I was spotting for a while after.
    For most people, their withdrawal bleeding starts 3-5 days after stopping the pill in which case their period is usually not finished when they are supposed to start taking the pill once again. So it is usual for you to start the pill as you're still on your period.

Now for messing with your period, it's not actually the period after your cycle that you get. The pill works by preventing that cycle from happening. It is withdrawal bleeding from missing the hormones from the pill that causes it. So only way to mess with that is having wrong amount of pills before one like taking 2 packs to delay bleeding because you're going on a holiday. Or accidentally forgetting the last couple pills etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.