Storing a-level notes Watch

This discussion is closed.
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Sorry if this sounds a bit silly.

What would be the best way to store my a-level notes?
Should I;
a - use a folder for each individual subject, including separate ones for maths and further maths.
b - use a folder for each individual subject, but only one for maths and further maths.
c - keep all my work in one folder and divide it up using those card separator devices.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had 4 seperate folders last year and it was hell, this year I'm going for spiral bound books - one per a subject but at least there won't be all that loose paper. By the way, maths takes up loads of paper.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A ?
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
Sorry if this sounds a bit silly.

What would be the best way to store my a-level notes?
Should I;
a - use a folder for each individual subject, including separate ones for maths and further maths.
b - use a folder for each individual subject, but only one for maths and further maths.
c - keep all my work in one folder and divide it up using those card separator devices.
I did C last year, using a lever arch folder. It was full up within a couple of months.

I would advise that you do B.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i used a seperate harbound book ( a4 4 quire ) for each maths module that i took . ( pure maths so that took 6 modules ) . and around 3 of those thin ( i think 2 quire a4 books ) for the review excercises
kez-man
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
After a few weeks of using A I started leaving the notes in my notepad, then after another few weeks I just left the notes floating around in my bag :rolleyes: . I ended up throwing all of my notes away and revising out of text books, worked though.
Tev
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I only had folders for Business and Computing, in Maths we had old stylee excercise books.
In Business I had three folders! One for each module! And they were all full and the rings kept coming open and then everything would get mixed up.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I threw all my A Level notes away this summer - totally useless for anything now! But I did need a year's distance to feel happy doing it.
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i had a folder for each module.....we had a lot of notes!

oh, and i used dividers to split up each topic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I threw all my A Level notes away this summer - totally useless for anything now! But I did need a year's distance to feel happy doing it.
erm...i think he's gonna need his though
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had a folder for each module too! Those super huge 4inch types. I had hundreds of notes etc.. made by myself and handed out by teachers.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
erm...i think he's gonna need his though
I thought he meant storing them after finishing his A Levels.... whoops.

A, in that case.
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I started with C, and then as I progressed through the term bought more folders and went with A once I'd overflowed the first folder.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do A. I had a folder for all my maths past papers (including further maths, AEA and Olympiad and STEP) basically because I didn't take any note.
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You'll need two folders for maths... infact I ended up with 3 in 1 year for Maths A-level... but that's just cos I had tonnes of pure homework. So do A!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I started off with A/B but soon got fed up of having to carry four or so folders in to school everyday. So now I do C. And when it starts getting full I just move some of the old work out of it into seperate folders at home. It means you won't forget anything and you will have less to carry!
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i had a normal ringbinder for each of my subjects (plus massive file for art) and when the files got full i'd transfer stuff to a lever arch...i now have a lever arch and a half for biology A2, a lever arch for biology AS, and a lever arch and a half for all my german. some of my friends just used one ringbinder for every subject, transferred the notes when the topic was finished etc. either works.
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I started off with A/B but soon got fed up of having to carry four or so folders in to school everyday. So now I do C. And when it starts getting full I just move some of the old work out of it into seperate folders at home. It means you won't forget anything and you will have less to carry!
I have another folder of current stuff... a bit of stuff that I'm working on for each subject. So I carry that to college... leaving the big ones with all the work I've done at home
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Shove them in your bag, chuck them on the floor when you get home.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
I have another folder of current stuff... a bit of stuff that I'm working on for each subject. So I carry that to college... leaving the big ones with all the work I've done at home
i do a similar thing, but my folder for current stuff is just my notes shoved into the front of my A4 pads
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.46%
No - I got the required grades (114)
57.87%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.68%

Watched Threads