economics and business studies gcse

Watch
flufftan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
did anyone take economics or business studies for their gcse exam? can anyone give me tips on how to do it well. it's really hard for me to get good grades especially in the paper 2 for both subject
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by flufftan)
did anyone take economics or business studies for their gcse exam? can anyone give me tips on how to do it well. it's really hard for me to get good grades especially in the paper 2 for both subject
Start with going t all your classes and making good notes.

If your notes are insufficient or you dont understand, then buy some revision books to assist you. They will help you make good notes plus you can also buy workbooks. Check it covers your exam board and is the latest version.

https://www.economicshelp.org/shop/gcse-economics/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...date-desc-rank

Download exam papers, mark schemes and exemplar answers from the exam board website.

Practice exams. Practice more exam questions and grade yourself. If you keep putting the work in then you will improve.
flufftan
Rep:
?
thank you
flufftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by thetypemeister)
I did Economics for IGCSE, they're almost identical. This is what I did when I was revising for Economics:

1. I made short notes on everything. Whether it was fiscal/monetary policies, I made summarized versions of the chapter's contents in a way that I could understand. Make sure that when you are writing your notes it isn't identical to what is in the textbook, write it in your own words and ensure that you understand the concept very well.

2. Use past paper sites to practice as many questions as possible. Look through mark schemes after you are done to see if you have correctly formatted and structured your answer according to what is being asked. This is what will get you maximum marks in the exam!

3. If short notes/mind maps don't work for you, try and find an approach that works best for you (helps you retain as much information as efficiently as possible).

4. Place emphasis on understanding as opposed to memorizing. When you understand a theory, it's easy to apply it to a situation. This will be very important for your paper 2.

5. Make links between the microeconomy and the macroeconomy. As you continue to learn Economics, you will be taught that the economy can be subdivided into two categories, the microeconomy (Looks at the economy from the perspective of individual entities) and the macroeconomy (Looks at the economy as a whole). Economics becomes much simpler when you understand the correlation between the two.

Economics is a subject that you can understand immediately or not. Those who can't grasp the concepts easily have to be prepared to work even harder than the others. So make sure you are consistent. Also, don't get discouraged. In my opinion, it's one of the most fun subjects I've taken on, and it's so vast in terms of creating perspectives, unlike some subjects which have to be looked at from a methodical and theoretical view all the time.

-- If you follow through with this, you should do well. I ended up getting an A* and the highest marks in the country for the subject.
Thank you so muchh
sahraaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Kam0511
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How was it?
flufftan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kam0511)
How was it?
pretty ok although i didnt get an a*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (23)
10.09%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (135)
59.21%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (32)
14.04%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (33)
14.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.19%

Watched Threads