Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I’ve started a new school and I hung around with the popular girls since they were being really nice and I didn’t understand theyr switch up and be *****y. These girls are in most of my classes and I fell out with them since I wasn’t bullying a girl that they told me to harass.

I took a few weeks off school being scared as to what they would do to taunt me I came back and was on civil terms on them they want to be close again but I just want to be able to bare them in lessons tbh, at break and lunch I clearly don’t fit in with them since they want arguments and I want to do extra work.

Yesterday was my first day walking around the new school on my one, everyone has their own friendship groups or best friends and I have no one, I try making new friends but I don’t fit in with anyone so I’m on my own and I think I’m just going to sit in the library on my own tbh.

I’m in year 10, so not long to go but I was always in the popular crowds since year 7, I’m a bright girl and I wanna do my work but some of these friends really hold me back so I don’t want friends like these in my gcse years but idk how to make new ones.

I feel so alone, my mum said no friends is an easier life but why do I feel so down?

- thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't help with the friends issue, as I don't really have any proper friends.

But if it is hard in your lessons because of them can you ask your head of year or whatever you have (head of a house group?) if you can move classes?

Ive had the same situation . The truth of the matter is that my constant comfortability wouldve been friends who supported me for who I was, which was someone who was passionate about extra learning and I wanted someone to be around me to make it at least seem like I had company, but the truth of the matter is that if youre so engrossed in your learning, soon enough you will realise that you dont require anyone and you wont even notice. so dont stress it, you have goals and youre not going to be in year 10 forever, you have exams coming so just revise and let people do whatever they want. Trust me, you will be glad you did when you get good grades as opposed to some who prioritise friendships over learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    Well I can't help with the friends issue, as I don't really have any proper friends.

But if it is hard in your lessons because of them can you ask your head of year or whatever you have (head of a house group?) if you can move classes?
    Yup I’ve done that I didn’t want to move classes since it’d make me look scared but I’ve moved away in seating plans x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive had the same situation . The truth of the matter is that my constant comfortability wouldve been friends who supported me for who I was, which was someone who was passionate about extra learning and I wanted someone to be around me to make it at least seem like I had company, but the truth of the matter is that if youre so engrossed in your learning, soon enough you will realise that you dont require anyone and you wont even notice. so dont stress it, you have goals and youre not going to be in year 10 forever, you have exams coming so just revise and let people do whatever they want. Trust me, you will be glad you did when you get good grades as opposed to some who prioritise friendships over learning.
    Thanks! Good to know I’m not alone and that’s exactly what I mean, rn it’s as if everything revolves around friendships and drama and I feel so alone idk

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.