Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i start GCSE mini revision in Year 9? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in Year 9, and i want to do the best in my GCSE's for me and my parents, but should I be doing maybe 1 or 30 minutes of GCSE revision on subjects I want to do ON TOP of homework? Or should I not worry at this moment, and focus just on this time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zstudent13)
    I am in Year 9, and i want to do the best in my GCSE's for me and my parents, but should I be doing maybe 1 or 30 minutes of GCSE revision on subjects I want to do ON TOP of homework? Or should I not worry at this moment, and focus just on this time?
    You've probably not have started doing any GCSE content yet, so there's no point in stressing about doing any revision. Focus on what you're doing at the moment in class because you'll need it to understand what's going on next year
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Revise and start now because by the time of your GCSE you'll be getting 7-9 and be so smart
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    If you’ve started the courses then yes. If you’ve not, it’s a waste of time but make sure you understand what’s covered.
    My school does end of year exams so if you have something similar revise hard for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zstudent13)
    Revise or read ahead, you mean? Far too early to start revision, you've probably barely started the content.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy year 9 while it lasts. Have fun while you can. I spent the majority of my year 9 messing around and I don’t regret it one bit because now I’m in year 11 and it’s non stop revision 😂

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 9 too I revise everyday for about 1hr- 1hr 30 mins a day, on top of homework.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umairz)
    I’m in year 9 too I revise everyday for about 1hr- 1hr 30 mins a day, on top of homework.
    You'll burn yourself out! But great motivation

ReputationRep:
    No, there's no need to put yourself under unnecessary stress. You can start revising in year 11 and get top grades.

ReputationRep:
    If your starting the course then yes, but if not there's no point. You can start reading the topics but dont do any hardcore revision. Enjoy yr 9 its one of the best years!

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't started you're actual GCSE's yet and you haven't started your options then there's not much point because you haven't covered the content yet. However it's important that you revise for any mini assessments you have this year so that you can get used to revision for tests and find out how you revise and what type of learner you are so you know what works best for you so that next year you can get straight to the GCSE revision. It's important to make sure you're understanding everything you're doing in class at the moment as it will help next year. So briefly go over things.

ReputationRep:
    revise for end of topic tests, make good notes you can look back on in y10/11

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had the mindset you have

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.