Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll be applying for a student loan to start a fashion degree next year. I am originally from the UK and am now 22, I have lived in australia for 2 years now and plan to leave july next year, my partner got sponsored by his employer last year and im on his visa which is how we are able to stay here for so long. After speaking to student finance, they have said I may or may not get a student loan to study because I have been out of the country for nearly 3 years. I will just have to apply next year and hopefully it's good news. Has anybody else been on this position and got granted a loan? or have any advice on proving my stay in Australia was ony temporary? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My older sister had this problem and the simple answer is pray and ask God we are Roman Catholic and all we did was pray and try again and it worked and no it wasn't a coincidence
    Hope this helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.