Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a guy, has my boyfriend lost interest? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm a bisexual guy, and have only ever told my Mum and a few friends about me. I shouldn't be like this, but at the moment, I'm too worried to tell the rest of my family. One of my more distant uncles is gay and my family have said things about him (not all the time, but once when they were chatting about him).

I have dated a guy before and all he wanted was a bit of action. Nothing ever happened more than kissing, but you could tell that's what he wanted. It was going on for 6 months and when I said about a relationship, he always avoided the question. If I asked him how his day was, he barely messaged me back. So to test this, I sent him a snapchat of me naked but holding my hand over my privates and he was straight onto replying to me, so I ended it.

I'm quite a shy person. I'd be too afraid to start speaking to someone on a night out. So I got back onto Tinder. I got messaging someone. We exchanged numbers and for the two weeks before we met, our texts were like essays to one another. It would take me 10 minutes to write another text back. We were just finding out so much about one another.

We decided to meet, and we both wanted to meet up again. After 9 times, we've got into a relationship... that was about 3/4 weeks ago.

When I see him, he just makes me feel so happy. All my worries just go from me instantly. He says the nicest things to me, he always gives me full eye contact (unlike the other guy who used to eye up other guys), and I feel like he really loves me which I've never felt before.

He's a manager so he works long hours, sometimes 15 hours a day which I tell him not to because he'll knacker himself out. When we don't see one another, we text a lot, similar to how we used to before we met. But he doesn't always reply. I'll notice he goes online on messenger or reads my messages, or shares things on facebook, but he doesn't reply to me.

Do you think he's lost interest in me? Or is it he's just genuinely so busy or so tired he doesn't reply? He does reply eventually, but I just feel a bit like "oh, you can put up statuses but can't reply to me?"

Am I just overthinking everything? When he's with me, it's totally different and I love it.

I want to tell my Mum/family about him, (he still hasn't told his family), but I just feel worried at the moment how they'll react.

Thank you and sorry for the length of this x

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you have allot of stuff going on. Family stuff. You understanding if you are bisexual. New relationship. Relationship wise just chill. I was with someone for a while. And like your's would read my msg and not reply for ages. Would wind me up and also upset me. But you can't make people msg. He is working long days and is probably busy. He also has a life that isn't 100% you. So he posts on FB and hasn't replied to you. Annoying yes. But you (like i did) will look needy. And it is never a good look. Chill. You've not been together for long.

ReputationRep:
    My partner's quite like this sometimes, and funnily enough, works as a manager? So I suppose it comes with having to work in that industry? Anyhow, just chill a bit, as it makes you come across as very needy. I understand that it's very, very frustrating but it is what it is. Chances are he's busy/working, and maybe had a moment to read your msg, but hasn't yet had the opportunity to reply.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think you should talk about it with him. I myself am terrible with confrontation, but I would rather know where I stand in a relationship than be uneasy all the time. He may be busy with work, and tired, but that doesn't mean you have to compromise your own comfort for him. It's not needy to want to know what someone thinks of you or how they feel about you. Maybe work our times or days where you chat with each other, instead of it being a 'whenever you're free' arrangement if you both feel that you don't talk enough. Send each other little messages or thoughts without expecting a reply, just so the other knows that they're being thought of.

As far as your family goes, you can tell them when you're ready, or never if your not comfortable. You could always start casual conversations about LGBT+ issues to gauge how they feel about the subject, or even try to raise their awareness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonnyboy799)
    Sounds like you have allot of stuff going on. Family stuff. You understanding if you are bisexual. New relationship. Relationship wise just chill. I was with someone for a while. And like your's would read my msg and not reply for ages. Would wind me up and also upset me. But you can't make people msg. He is working long days and is probably busy. He also has a life that isn't 100% you. So he posts on FB and hasn't replied to you. Annoying yes. But you (like i did) will look needy. And it is never a good look. Chill. You've not been together for long.
    (Original post by Dannit2)
    My partner's quite like this sometimes, and funnily enough, works as a manager? So I suppose it comes with having to work in that industry? Anyhow, just chill a bit, as it makes you come across as very needy. I understand that it's very, very frustrating but it is what it is. Chances are he's busy/working, and maybe had a moment to read your msg, but hasn't yet had the opportunity to reply.
    (Original post by BlackPepper)
    Personally, I think you should talk about it with him. I myself am terrible with confrontation, but I would rather know where I stand in a relationship than be uneasy all the time. He may be busy with work, and tired, but that doesn't mean you have to compromise your own comfort for him. It's not needy to want to know what someone thinks of you or how they feel about you. Maybe work our times or days where you chat with each other, instead of it being a 'whenever you're free' arrangement if you both feel that you don't talk enough. Send each other little messages or thoughts without expecting a reply, just so the other knows that they're being thought of.

As far as your family goes, you can tell them when you're ready, or never if your not comfortable. You could always start casual conversations about LGBT+ issues to gauge how they feel about the subject, or even try to raise their awareness.
    Thank you!

When I'm with him, I just love it. He shows me eye contact all the time, tells me how much he loves me.

It's just when I message him, he reads it, sometimes doesn't read it, and won't get back to me for about a day and I just want to speak to him where I love him. He is a manager, sometimes he will do 15 hour shifts, but I see him pop up on facebook messenger. It's like he's got enough time to talk to others, but not to me. Our texts are kinda long, but 5 minutes wouldn't hurt to reply.

Last time I seen him, I did say to him, "if you ever stopped liking me, please tell me". He put his arms around me and said "I love you. You are all I have ever wanted".

I had a bad day at work before I met him, and I said I felt drained and really down, and he started getting tears in his eyes with a few running down his face and he said "it makes me sad when you're sad"

Like he is so cute like that. But I just feel like or i'm worried he doesn't really like me?

ReputationRep:
    All sounds good there Scotty. He's told you he likes you. You need a distraction for when he's busy or working. Go out with mates or something. You are a month into this relationship. People develop feeling at different speeds. Just enjoy each others company and have fun. All will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Thank you!

It's just when I message him, he reads it, sometimes doesn't read it, and won't get back to me for about a day and I just want to speak to him where I love him. He is a manager, sometimes he will do 15 hour shifts, but I see him pop up on facebook messenger. It's like he's got enough time to talk to others, but not to me. Our texts are kinda long, but 5 minutes wouldn't hurt to reply.
    I really do symphasize with you here, as I have gone through this. What I can say to you is don't look too much into this. I know you want to speak to him all the time, and i bet he does with you too, but as you said, sometimes he does 15 hours shifts - which could leave him drained. And in regards to him popping up on FB messenger, that may be for work reasons i.e having to message a colleague/staff for work reasons - so it may not be him 'talking' to others persay.

What you need to do is find something else to do with your time to keep yourself busy, whilst he's working. That way, your mind won't go crazy, over how he isn't messaging you, whenever he comes onto messenger for a bit. What i usually do, is i'd message him during the day, just a casual text asking if he's okay or whatever or just simply to say hi. And then just get on with my day, as I know if my bf's at work he'd only reply to me when he gets the chance. Or better yet, call me.

(Original post by 2scotty)
    He put his arms around me and said "I love you. You are all I have ever wanted".
    This here, is the most important thing, as its him telling you how he feels about you. You just focus on this, so you don't get any doubts.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.