Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys when discussion restrictions are lifted, can someone give me a solution to the final question? I am unsure and have possibly misread the question specifics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric-man7)
    Guys when discussion restrictions are lifted, can someone give me a solution to the final question? I am unsure and have possibly misread the question specifics.
    My teacher and I would love to but we both looked at it (afterwards dw guys!! :P) and just ... bluegh ...

It was crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSebWilkes)
    My teacher and I would love to but we both looked at it (afterwards dw guys!! :P) and just ... bluegh ...

It was crazy
    From a neutral observer how was the paper?

ReputationRep:
    From a neutral observer how was the paper?
    My teacher thought it was hard actually. The question about the parachute I think couldn't be solved without stuff beyond AS-level ... at least that's what he said.
    So at least 2 solid questions at the bare minimum which he said he couldn't answer with AS level knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I got a full mark on the maths

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to see the solution to the final question. Could you atleast tell me if the formula in the end was simple or not? I got a simple formula but I am sure I got it wrong

ReputationRep:
    when will we get the solutions to the full test?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to see the solution to the final question. Could you atleast tell me if the formula in the end was simple or not? I got a simple formula but I am sure I got it wrong
    if you mean it was a straight application of a formula from the physics data sheet, then I doubt it. The fact there were quite a few different values on the diagram implies to me you had to use them all in some capacity.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I got a full mark on the maths
    Hoow? You must of done really well.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well did you make use of all the variables I sure didn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Insertnamehere')
    Hoow? You must of done really well.
    I really love maths, and participating in the BMO makes anything seem easy. I probably got some silly mistakes though, but fingers crossed they are not in the MCQ. If oxford had not introduced the new format I would have simply focoused on ensuring a perfect score in the math section of the PAT, however something tells me they wised up to this strategy.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when the paper is released?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It's not until the end of November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    It's not until the end of November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This makes no sense, we get are shortlist decisions around that time! At most it should be 2 days (if more, exam integrity is severely compromised). Is this from ATS?

ReputationRep:
    The math was generally alright, it was the physics that made this papers a nightmare (I am really worried I made the wrong choice about the subject I chose, because I found the MAT papers much less stressful). Predicted shortlist mark?
    m8, the MAT this year was no better.
    I gave the MAT and I feel like all my chances of going to Oxford have been dissolved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohan77642)
    m8, the MAT this year was no better.
    I gave the MAT and I feel like all my chances of going to Oxford have been dissolved.
    STEP is a more interesting admissions test. Hopefully I'll take it with further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeakswai)
    Although I did most of the qns, i dont think i get them right. like the last one, i thought it was easy at that moment and i didnt think too much, but i probably got the wrong idea considering the others all find that tough. I am expecting 50-60 if i am lucky enough to get those i am quite sure about all correct
    Oh right I think the cut-off will be really low this year anyway. I'm pretty confident about 60 marks I think but there's another 10-15 I might get which I'm not sure about.

ReputationRep:
    I really love maths, and participating in the BMO makes anything seem easy. I probably got some silly mistakes though, but fingers crossed they are not in the MCQ. If oxford had not introduced the new format I would have simply focoused on ensuring a perfect score in the math section of the PAT, however something tells me they wised up to this strategy.
    The BMO is a very different style of maths to this though, I did BMO1 last year too and that experience did not help me with this I don't feel. Although yes I agree the maths questions were quite easy and I'm hoping for around 45 on them.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This makes no sense, we get are shortlist decisions around that time! At most it should be 2 days (if more, exam integrity is severely compromised). Is this from ATS?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4934792

You don't get the report and papers until Jan - afaik.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, we don't get A-level past papers until results are out, but that does not mean exam discussion is locked.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.