Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Even if I do get the cut off what's the point? I'll be borderline. In the past papers I was getting decent 70s each time ... I .... just ... idk ... it just went wrong in every way
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric-man7)
    Okay, we don't get A-level past papers until results are out, but that does not mean exam discussion is locked.
    Let me double-check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildOfTheMist)
    The paper was dreadful. I came out of it close to tears if I'll be honest... Hardest paper I have ever done!
    Don’t worry, I cried before, during and after the exam!!! It was impossible and truly awful

ReputationRep:
    Was definitely the hardest paper by far, was nicely averaging over the interview threshold but this was on another level haha! Think I got between 50 and 60 :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey, oxford student here, i really wanna have a go at some of the harder problems, anyone mind sending some to me once you're allowed?

ReputationRep:
    The oxford MAT thread is now discussing question details in FULL force. Can we please start discussing details?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The oxford MAT thread is now discussing question details in FULL force. Can we please start discussing details?
    No. That was signalled by the Oxford Maths Dept itself. Please hold for the other Admissions Tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justaskingreally)
    Today was the test date for the PAT. I practised at least 8 past papers and they were all manageable (probably around 70-80%). However, I personally found this test impossible. (probably the hardest thing I've done and will ever do. What about you guys?
    Good to know I am not the only one with this feeling. :-p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieeTownsend)
    What percentage do you think you guys got?
    I'm hoping for like 50% ish

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do any of you guys know if they take their time when grading your paper? Due to the difficulty I was not really able to organise my workings and my handwriting is pretty bad,especially on those three questions that a lot of people struggled with. I'm afraid I might lose some point for method because of this.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm not bragging, I really want to see if I wasn't the only one to feel dreadful right now. I've always scored around the top 5~10% on all the past papers even when grading harshly but this test man.....I won't discuss specifics but I felt all the topics I were bad at came out as 9 point questions and it was the first time I got stuck on a maths question. I honestly feel horrible and I also wanted to know if it was just me that messed up or others as well. I wish everyone good luck and that the curve get to be very low....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ersin33)
    To be honest I'm not bragging, I really want to see if I wasn't the only one to feel dreadful right now. I've always scored around the top 5~10% on all the past papers even when grading harshly but this test man.....I won't discuss specifics but I felt all the topics I were bad at came out as 9 point questions and it was the first time I got stuck on a maths question. I honestly feel horrible and I also wanted to know if it was just me that messed up or others as well. I wish everyone good luck and that the curve get to be very low....
    Don't worry, I feel like I'm in exactly the same position. What sort of mark do you think you got?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomyil12345)
    same here, scored around 90% on all papers expect 2012. Although it didn't go horrible it definitely didn't go as well as I hoped.
    What sort of mark are you expecting to get this year?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    same here, scored around 90% on all papers expect 2012. Although it didn't go horrible it definitely didn't go as well as I hoped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantum42)
    Both of you will probably get like 70 odd % which will be more than sufficient this year. Please chill out ... can't you see you were already amazing and that comparatively you still will be?

ReputationRep:
    Can really say for sure because I didn't have time to go over all my answers but I think around 75 if they bare with me a bit for my handwriting and reward some partial marks for methods

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure.... Honestly I kinda fazed out after skipping some questions at the end and I highly doubt all the questions I did do were done correctly... If I give myself room for error of making ~10 marks mistakes I would be happy if I could make it past 70

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity was it the math question that was geometric?

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity was it the math question that was geometric?
    We shouldn't talk details but I remember it was the last one that we had to draw....I remember how I was terrible at drawing and kept drawing and erasing multiple times to get some insight xD

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't talk details but I remember it was the last one that we had to draw....I remember how I was terrible at drawing and kept drawing and erasing multiple times to get some insight xD
    Is this the question near the end that people say was too easy for 9 marks?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.