Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Spring! Damn easy.
    Or was it something crazy?! Plz tell me it was ACTUALLY straightforward.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooltejaskd)
    Spring! Damn easy.
    Or was it something crazy?! Plz tell me it was ACTUALLY straightforward.
    Can't yet- that would constitute discussion of the questions which is still restricted.
    See this thread for why:https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4934792
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zemaitistrys)
    Yeah it can't have been harder than it seemed, it's only a spring after all.Am I the only one that didn't use redacted
    Please don't discuss the question detail, this is in vague terms but still discusses the detail

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for that. But still, why are these seemingly strange rules in place? Everyone has written their tests...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for that. But still, why are these seemingly strange rules in place? Everyone has written their tests...
    That's up to ATS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    That's up to ATS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, bottom line is, there's no way of punishing it. I see no reason for making people not talk. At least the reasons should be laid out if there are any.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Well, bottom line is, there's no way of punishing it. I see no reason for making people not talk. At least the reasons should be laid out if there are any.
    I have given you the reason: we have been asked to do so by ATS (also known as CAAT, Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing), the test administrators. If you have a query with this please contact them.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I have given you the reason: we have been asked to do so by ATS (also known as CAAT, Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing), the test administrators. If you have a query with this please contact them.

Thanks.
    I meant it as a complaint to ATS not as to TSR, sorry for my unclear wording. IMO reasons for this should have been given to you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone care to estimate what they think the interview cut off will be?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantum42)
    Anyone care to estimate what they think the interview cut off will be?
    really don't have a clue.. I would reckon it will be lower than the years with relatively easy PATs so I tink 55 max seeing how last year it was 60. Although I do see that a lot of people found it difficult it can maybe also be that only the ones that found it difficult write about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomyil12345)
    really don't have a clue.. I would reckon it will be lower than the years with relatively easy PATs so I tink 55 max seeing how last year it was 60. Although I do see that a lot of people found it difficult it can maybe also be that only the ones that found it difficult write about it...
    Compare the responce to the 2016 thread and you'll see this was tough. This was a tough paper; everyone I have spoken to says it was the hardest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric-man7)
    Iol I believe I have seen this question before, trying to navigate throught the equations is perhaps the hardest part. One 5 mark question (physics) is deceptively easy, don't you think
    At the moment I really can't remember any of the questions.... I just hope Oxford lets us discuss the test in detail.

ReputationRep:
    there are other forums/websites on the internet where the paper is being discussed, by the way. I won't be linking them as that's against the rules, but I'm just pointing it out...

Also, how important is the PAT score compared to interview score? Is the latter the ultimate determinant of whether an offer is made or not?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    As from now, PAT discussion is no longer being moderated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerman77)
    there are other forums/websites on the internet where the paper is being discussed, by the way. I won't be linking them as that's against the rules, but I'm just pointing it out...

Also, how important is the PAT score compared to interview score? Is the latter the ultimate determinant of whether an offer is made or not?
    The PAT score and the interview score are of roughly equal importance in getting an offer, although a weaker PAT score can be made up for by good interviews. What happens after all interviews are done is that the applicants are ranked in order based on their total scores, and the tutors have meetings to do all the selection. The top 100 or so are guaranteed an offer unless a tutor has a strong argument for why they should not. Equally the bottom ~100 are guaranteed to not get an offer without a good reason. The middle section are discussed until the offers are decided.

ReputationRep:
    Do u know anything regarding results?The date?

ReputationRep:
    just curious, anyone also chose St John's?

ReputationRep:
    Guys what was the solution to the refraction index question, and the one about the minimum displacement of one of the blocks connected by an elastic spring, oh and the integration one? You know what never mind GIVE ME ALL THE SOLUTIONS.

ReputationRep:
    Integration 488/5 t^13 if i recall correctly and spring x>mg(mu)s/k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomyil12345)
    Integration 488/5 t^13 if i recall correctly and spring x>mg(mu)s/k
    Parametics x=a( 1/6 pi +2kpi -1/2) or x=a( -1/6 pi +2kpi +1/2)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.