Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if u are going out with someone and it is a long distance relationship ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i am in a long distance relationship and we see each other once every month if possible we seem to be going down hill and i think he is losing interest in me what do i do because i don't want to lose him as we have nearly been going out for 4 years i used to go to his school but had to move away but we are still going strong but how can i stop us from going down hill?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha2001)
    i am in a long distance relationship and we see each other once every month if possible we seem to be going down hill and i think he is losing interest in me what do i do because i don't want to lose him as we have nearly been going out for 4 years i used to go to his school but had to move away but we are still going strong but how can i stop us from going down hill?
    Is it possible to meet more often? How often do you guys talk or video chat?

4 years is a long relationship, perhaps you need to find new things that you can both do. Go on a holiday together or find new things that you can do on a regular basis such as going to a class of some sort (cooking for example). I think it's good that you tell him you'd want to meet more often or try new things, he probably doesn't even know you feel this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha2001)
    Once every month is not nearly enough to see someone you are dating. How big is the distance between you guys? You should try to meet each other more often. At least every other week.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think he is losing interest in you? It may be something for you to talk with your partner about, perhaps it is one sided. Together, you can work out how to get rid of these worries.

ReputationRep:
    Defo communicate with each other. Communication is key in a long distance relationship so make sure you communicate this issue to him.

It helps to always have a goal in sight for the end (i.e do you see yourselves moving in with each other at some point? getting married?)

Also if you do more than just texting and phone calls that'd help. I probably see my girlfriend once every month or so but we are always in contact, make good use of visuals. Photos of our day; video chat...

Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.